Turmoil

The small white haired child could feel the snow fall down on his head and a chill in his bones despite the fact he was wearing warm winter clothing. Toshiro brushed the feeling off as simply a symptom of feeling trepidation. In his mind wherever Ichimaru Gin went, so did his lust for causing trouble along with the silver haired man's apparent blood lust.

The boy noted his surroundings as he neared the place that he had felt the reiatsu appear in Vandenreich. The place was filled with shallow crevices that varied from twenty to fifty feet deep along with a rough hill range that had various cave areas appearing here and there. Toshiro's bright teal eyes though picked up movement and the figure that he knew somehow to be Gin.

The next thing the boy knew, he was moving forward and drawing his blade against the former Shinigami, not noticing that there were others around him. The metal clang of Hyorinmaru hitting Shinso was heard along with the mute mutterings of the others around him. The sounds of disbelief at his actions went unnoticed as his eyes looked up at the taller figure and right into the man's face.

Gin was frowning at him, his eyes open and one hand reached back to touch the hood of his own winter clothing. The normal grin that Toshiro was used to being on the man's face was gone and in its place was a scowl. "Shiro-chan, what are you doing?"

"What are you doing here?"

A deep sigh was heard from the side. "I told you that our location was given away because he messed up on opening the pathway here."

The white haired child startled at hearing the voice of Abarai Renji and the silver haired man managed to push him away, causing the boy to stumble. Toshiro could feel his throat tighten and the heat rise in his ears. "What are they doing with him? No... better yet, how did he get them to trust him of all people? Something isn't right."

"Ichimaru!" Toshiro's reiatsu flared out and he gritted his teeth together before lunging at the man. Before he could lock blades again, he suddenly felt someone grab him underneath his arms in an attempt to hold him back. "Toshiro, knock it off! You don't know what you're doing!"

"Let go Kurosaki! I don't trust him after what he did and there is no telling why he's here." Toshiro's words came out and his thought process began to whir. "He's managed to brainwash even Kurosaki? The situation isn't good at all. Is this what uncle meant when he said I would be in danger?"

The silver haired man's posture changed from a defensive position to a relaxed standing position. The boy found himself gritting his teeth at the man while his eyes remained narrowed and focused on Gin. The fukutaicho of the ninth division suddenly stepped in between the boy and the man. "Hitsugaya Taicho, you need to clam down."

"Don't tell me to calm down when all of you are acting like complete idiots!" Toshiro strained against the Substitute Shinigami's grip, his voice straining from the panic he was suddenly feeling. He could feel a pain in his chest as his breathing strained. He was about to chew them out like he always did with Matsumoto when a Quincy arrow came hurtling out of nowhere.

The small boy found himself falling backwards as Ichigo lost his balance due to the sudden attack. He landed on top of the orange haired teen and found himself able to twist out of his grip and he pushed himself up to see that a group of Quincy had appeared around the group. He took in the fact that Chad and Uryu had come with Ichigo and among the Quincy that were attacking were his uncle and the elder Gabrielli siblings.

Toshiro pushed himself away from the substitute and could feel the tension rising. His uncle spoke up. "I told you that coming here to take either of the children back would be taken as an act of war."

"As if I'm a part of Soul Society." The small child felt his cheek twitch upon hearing Hayori's voice. "We're..."

"Oh... its an act of war all right." When the acidic toned words came from Gin's mouth, Toshiro found himself turning to look at the man in a panic, only to see him flash stepping from his view. The boy's bright teal eyes followed the direction the man took and the next thing he knew, he heard his uncle and Gin's blades suddenly crashing together. "I am seriously going to kill you."

"No!" Toshiro found himself moving as Ichigo let out a groan, only to find his bath quickly blocked by the group that had come with Gin. He found himself chocking on his spittle that came up due to the shock the situation was causing. The next thing he knew each of those who had come from outside of Vandenreich also found themselves with an opponent.

The small found found himself suddenly standing up, only to find Gabrielli standing between him and Kurosaki Ichigo. The boy held up his hand. "Wait!"

"I apologize your highness, but I can't allow this Shinigami to harm you."

Toshiro felt his cheeks suddenly puff up in frustration. "Kurosaki isn't a Shinigami, he is a Substitute."

"Thanks Toshiro..." The orange haired teen frowned at the two, irritation on his face.

This caused Toshiro to swallow, wondering how many people he would make angry with him before the whole thing was through. "And Kurosaki won't hurt me Gabrielli."

"What I saw a few minutes ago didn't look like he wouldn't harm you. It looked he was trying to take you prisoner."

"Seriously?" Toshiro shook his head at the female. "I can very well take care of myself."

"I know that you were taught to fight as a shinigami, but that doesn't change the fact you're in over the head."

Ichigo narrowed his eyes at the female. "You do realize that Toshiro is the captain of the tenth division of the Gotei Thirteen? I wouldn't say he's in over his head at all... well... maybe with the situation between Soul Society and what ever it is you call yourselves."

"Excuse me, why are you acting like you aren't a member of Soul Society?" Gabrielli's blade was still locked with Ichigo's despite the threat, though a few had turned their attention away from the fight.

"That's because only some of us are members of Soul Society," Hiyori piped up. "Or didn't shorties words make that clear to you?"

Toshiro found himself turning his head to look at where Gin and his uncle was and he pushed his lips together. He found himself moving towards the pair, noticing they were arguing about something. He couldn't hear what was going on, but he could feel his stomach pitching as if something bad was going to happen.

Then the tremors came along with the heavy rieatsu that indicated that Hollows were going to come through the eye like crevices from their world. The small taicho didn't notice that he was close to a steep edge and instead found himself looking up. He drew his blade, glancing from the Hollow that had come through near him towards his uncle.

He watched as Gin suddenly turned to look towards him. The action should have allowed his uncle to land a blow on the silver haired man, but it in fact did not occur. Instead, he felt himself suddenly hit from the back and knocked to the ground and his zampaktuo hurtling towards the edge. He lunged for it, hoping his momentum wouldn't carry him over the edge.

Out of the corner of his eye he could see Gin suddenly turn towards his uncle and slash the dark haired man across the chest before moving back towards Toshiro. The small boy found his hand reaching for the hilt of his blade, wondering which he would need to attack first, the Hollow or Ichimaru Gin.

In reality, he was to close to the edge. He was surprised to suddenly feel someone grab him from behind, before a blow from the Hollow caused enough forward momentum to launch both him and whoever had made it to his side over his edge. His eyes closed as he let go of Hyorinmaru. "Who?"