Chapter 37: Kindergarten

2 years later

  It's Thursday, August 23rd, and the twins are super excited for school to start. Ella and Leo are 5 now and are starting kindergarten in a few days. Juliet is now 3 and Noah is 1 and his 2nd birthday is a month away. Juliet is walking and talking now and Noah can say "Mama" and "Dada" and he's a very skilled crawler. Anna is 23 and Jackson is 24, her birthday is coming up and Jackson has a special date planned for her. Timmy is 13 and has a girlfriend named Zoey who is 13. They met at school. She was sitting alone and Timmy walked up and sat next to her. They started talking and became really close and developed feelings for each other. Timmy finally asked her out on the last day of 7th grade and they've been dating ever since.

  The Rodríguez family is sitting in the living room watching TV and waiting for their friends to come over. Betty and Jacob got married and had their little girl who is a month older than Noah, named Ezra. Ezra has slightly pale skin, cute golden brown hair, and she ended up having one blue eye, one emerald green eye. Noah and Ezra are great friends, Anna and Betty think that Noah and Ezra are gonna end up dating. Mia is coming over with her fiancé, Olivia Sailor, the girl who came to the twins' birthday party. They are planning to adopt kids that need a home.

  They hear a knock on the door and all of them get up. Anna is holding Noah in her arms and the rest of the kids are walking behind Jackson. Jackson opened the door and Betty and Jacob were standing there with their little Ezra.

"Betty!" The kids cheer and Noah squeals when he sees Ezra. Ezra squeals back while Betty and Anna smile.

"Come in." Jackson says with a grin.

  They all walk to the living room and Betty and Anna put their little kids on the floor next to each other. When they hear a knock Anna goes open the door. It's Timmy and his girlfriend, Zoey, at the door with Sophia and Jake behind them.

"We can't stay, we have to get going." Sophia told her daughter.

"Ok. I love you." Anna smiled.

"We will pick them up in an hour. Zoey has a dance competition."

"Ok, come in." Timmy and Zoey let them in and they went and sat on the couch.

Finally everyone was there and Mia said that her and Olivia had important news.

"So, as you know, we want to adopt kids. We found a little girl who has an older brother around Leo's age. We decided to try and adopt them and..." Mia trailed off.

"We got them! We have 2 kids now!" Olivia finished for her with a big smile.

"They move in tomorrow." Mia squealed.

"That's wonderful you guys."Anna smiled.

"Ya the little boy is about 5 and has gorgeous golden brown hair and emerald green eyes, his name is Angelo. His sister, Emma, has golden blonde hair with vibrant blue eyes. She is 3 years old. They were abandoned by their parents because they wanted to travel the world but didn't want kids with them, so they gave them to the foster home." Olivia told them.

"Wow! Their parents are terrible." Anna whispered.
"Ya. I don't think I could ever do that to my children." Betty said tears in her eyes.

"Baby, we would never do that. I love you and our child too much." Jacob reassured her winking.

Betty smiled a bit, "I know but I just don't understand how you could ever abandon your child."

   They all continue talking until Timmy and Zoey have to leave. They say goodbye and they go back to the couch and continue talking. She was so happy that she had all these wonderful people in her life. After a couple more hours everyone left and they went to bed.

   When they woke up they got the kids ready for school. Ella was wearing a black dress with multicolored flowers on it with her black converse. Leo was wearing a blue shirt and jeans with black sneakers. Ella's backpack has multicolored flowers on it and Leo's backpack is a navy blue. Anna and Jackson get Juliet and Noah ready. Juliet wearing a magenta sundress and white converse. Noah was wearing black sweatpants and a white shirt with blue sneakers. They put all the kids in their carseats and dropped Noah and Juliet off at Sophia's house then drove to the school. They parked the car and got out. Anna held Ella's hand and Jackson held Leo's hand and they walked into their classroom. Ella and Leo are in the same class for kindergarten. Ella takes a seat by a boy with golden hair and emerald eyes who is sitting alone. Leo sits next to Ella to protect her just in case.

"Hi, I'm Ella and this is Leo my twin. What's your name?" She says looking at the cute boy she sat next to.

"Angelo." He says with a shy smile.

  Anna and Jackson look at each other. He's the little boy Mia and Olivia adopted and they look like they became quick friends. Anna and Jackson leave and go home.

(Ella's POV)

"Angelo" The cute boy I sat next to said.

"Wanna be friends?" I asked hopefully. I wanted to be his friend. I didn't want to hang around my brother all the time.

"Sure." Angelo said.

"Do you have any siblings?" Leo asked. He was sitting right next to me. He's always been protective but sometimes it's annoying.

"Ya. A sister she's 3. We just got adopted by two girls." He states.

"Oh! You are who Mia and Olivia were talking about." I say. He looks at me confused.

"Ya. How did you know?"

"My mom is Mia's best friend. They told us yesterday that they adopted two kids, one 5 year old boy and one 3 year old girl."

   We talked a lot. He was amazing, so sweet and kind. I'm glad that he wants to be my friend. He is my new best friend, after Leo obviously. Leo seemed to like him and they seemed to get along. We all hung out at recess and lunch. When school ended we walked out together. I introduced him to Mom and Dad who were talking to Mia and Olivia.

"Angelo, how was your day?" Mia asked him.

"It was good. I made two friends." He stated pointing at Leo and I.

"That's wonderful, buddy. You'll see them a lot. Their parents and I are best friends and we go over a lot." When Mia said that he grinned.
"Yay! How was Emma?"

"She was good. We were planning on going over to Ella's house, is that ok with you, bud?"

"Yes!" He said nodding. I grinned and said good-bye and got in the car. Leo got in the car then Mom and Dad did. They started driving home.

"So did you enjoy your first day?" Mom asked.

"Yes! I really did! I like Angelo. He's nice." I said my cheeks started to heat up.

"That's good. What about you Leo?"

"I liked it. Angelo's fun to hang with. Now I have another friend."

"I'm glad you two had a good day."

(Narrators POV)

   Anna and Jackson were so happy their kids had a good first day. They also noticed how Ella liked Angelo a lot. Anna believes that they would end up dating. They were super excited to see their little babies grow up and then find someone who will love them and they would get married and have kids.

   When they got home the kids got out and then Mia and Olivia pulled up with their kids. Angelo and Ella went inside with Leo behind them. They gave him a tour of the house. They also went downstairs to play with the toys. Emma and Juliet got along and played with Juliet's toys together. Naoh was taking a nap in his crib while the parents were watching TV and talking.

   An hour later Anna made supper and told everyone to come eat. Angelo sat in between Ella and Leo and they talked about anything and everything. Ella, Leo, and Angelo are already great friends.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 more chapter!

Thank you fro sticking with it.