Chapter 26: Happy Birthday

It's May 31st today is Ella and Leo's 2nd birthday party. They invited their family and really close friends. They are having a party at the house and then Anna and Jackson are taking them to the park to play. The party starts at 3 in 2 hours. Anna and Jackson start setting up the party decorations.

"Mommy!" Ella yells down the stairs from her room.

"What is it sweetheart?" Anna says yelling up from the bottom of the stairs.

"I can't find my party dress." She whines.

Anna and Jackson look at each other and smile.

"I'm coming honey." Anna hollers back walking up the stairs while Jackson finishes setting up the decorations.

  When Anna gets up there she goes over to Ella's closet and finds her light pink party dress. It has a sparkly top and the skirt part is a little poofy and she grabs her little light pink slip on shoes.

"You found it!" Ella says jumping up and down with a smile.

"Ella. Calm down. Let's get you dressed."

  Anna kneels down to Ella's height. Ella puts her arms up and Anna takes her shirt off and puts the dress on. Ella is wearing white leggings under her dress. When the dress is on Anna has Ella sit so she can put on her shoes.

"All done." Anna says with a smile.

Ella stands up and twirls looking at herself in the mirror.

"Thank you mommy!" She says giving Anna a hug.

"No problem now I need to get your brother dressed." Anna says standing up and going over to Leo's closet. She grabs one of his shirts, a black one and a pair of jeans.

"Leo come here and get dressed." Anna says looking towards Leo who is sitting on his bed. He gets up and goes over to his mom and she dresses him.

   Two hours later the guests start to show up first Grandma Sophia and Grandpa Jake, Anna's parents, with Timmy, then Grandma Sylvia, Jackson's mom. Then comes Betty and Jacob, Nicole and Alex, Faith and Skylar, Mia and her new girlfriend, Olivia Sailor. Olivia has super long sunflower blonde hair with ocean blue ends and her eyes are a golden brown. Her skin is also kinda pale. Mia has brown hair and green eyes with slightly tan skin and they look super good together. Mia came out as bisexual before the wedding. Ella and Leo loved everyone and were super happy. The party was going great when there was a knock on the door. Anna and Jackson walk to the front door and open it, Anna's heart stops when she sees who's at the door.

"Mommy, who's at the door?" Ella says as she starts walking towards the door.

"Honey, stay there. It's no one." Jackson says as he wraps his arm around Anna.

"What are you doing here?" Jackson questions glaring at them.

"Oh I wanted to come say hi we haven't seen each other in forever. I found your address from your little friend group. I heard them talking about it so I decided to stop by." Brooke says with a smile, "I see you have a kid." She adds craning her neck to look behind them.

"Yes we do and you guys need to leave. Now." Jackson says, still holding Anna close, protecting her.

"Why? I just got here. Can I come in?" Brooke says trying to get around them but Jackson stands in her way.

"No. You may not come in." Jackson asks.

Brooke looks at Jackson, "Why not? I thought we were friends?" She put her hand on Jackson's chest.

"No we're not. Get out! Now!" Anna shouts and slams the door in her face.

"Mommy, you ok?" Leo questions.

Anna nods and hugs them closer, "Just a mean girl."

"Let's get back to opening presents, shall we?"

   They walk into the living room and sit down. The kids finish opening presents and then people start to leave. When everyone is gone Anna and Jackson put the kids to bed. Anna and Jackson lay down in bed and cuddle. Anna's head is on his chest and his arms around her holding her tight.

"I love you. I won't let her near us ever again. Or our kids." He whispers.

She smiles and kisses him.

"I love you too. I know you will protect me and the kids." She lays her head back down on his chest and they fall asleep. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment let me know what you think.