Chapter 27: New Bundle of Joy

4 months later

    It's been 4 months since their wedding, it's September 20th, and Anna and Jackson are happy. They are going to the doctor for a check-up on the baby and to have Sophia find out the gender like last time.

"Ella, Leo, you guys ready to go to the doctor?" Anna questions as she is standing in their doorway she's wearing a hoodie and sweatpants her hair out in wavy curls.

"Yes, mommy. I got my bag and I'm dressed." Ella said, grabbing her backpack purse which held her toys. She was wearing a white shirt with splotches of color all around it and a jean overalls skirt.

"Where's Leo?" Just as Anna asked, Leo came around the corner dressed in jeans, a white shirt and a zip up hoodie.

"Right here, mommy." He said looking at her.

"Do you have your bag of toys?"

He nodded as he grabbed his black backpack, "Right here."

"Come on kiddos. We're gonna be late. Grandma's already waiting for us at the hospital."

   She took their hands and walked downstairs. Jackson was already at the door; he helped Leo put his shoes on while Anna helped Ella with her shoes. Then they walked out to the car and drove to the hospital.

When they got into the waiting room they checked in with the receptionist and then sat down next to her mom.

"Hey, Mom." Anna smiled hugging her mom.

"Ready to find out the gender? I already have the party organized. It's going to happen this weekend." Sophia said with a smile.

"Yes. It's gonna happen exactly how it happened last time." Anna nodded.

"Hi Grandma." Ella said, hugging Sophia's leg.

"Hi babies." She smiled and hugged them.

"Annabella Rodríguez." The doctor says from the door.

"Right here." Anna says as she walks towards the door her family follows behind her.

"How far along?"

"About 4 months."

"Finding out the gender today?"

"Ya my Mom is. She planned a gender reveal party."

"That's nice. Right here."

  They walk into the room Anna sits on the table, Ella and Leo sit on the floor in the back playing with their toys. Jackson stands right next to Anna holding her hand and watching the kids. Sophia is standing on the other side of Anna.

"This might be a little cold." The nurse says as she pulls Anna's hoodie up and puts the gel on her stomach, "So what do you want it to be?"

"A girl!" Ella and Leo grin from the corner.

Anna giggles, "I honestly don't care I will love it either way."

"Who's finding out what the gender is?"

"Me." Sophia says.

"Ok." The nurse looks at the ultrasound then looks at Sophia, "Follow me miss."

They go outside the room and the nurse tells her the gender then they come back in.

"Ok. You are free to go." The nurse says.

"Thank you." Anna gets up and they leave the room.

"I will see you on Saturday and no sooner got it?" Sophia states.