20. Jamie Reagan

"Hey, back off!" (Y/N) snapped swatting her boyfriend, Marcus', hand away from her fries

     "Hey, I've had a long shift." He argued still in his uniform.

     (Y/N) hummed in response her (Y/E/C) eyes sparkling. "I'm sure." She agreed. She glanced around the restaurant and froze when she saw a familiar face. Her father. Jamie Reagan. He was the captain of his squadron while her mother, Eddie, was a squad commander.

     She turned her face away only breathing a sigh of relief when he had finally left. "Do you think he saw me?" She asked.

     Marcus furrowed his eyebrows. "Who? Captain Reagan? No. Why?"

     (Y/N) wrung her hands together under the table. "Um, I'm kind of a Reagan." She answered in a rush.

     "What?" Marcus exclaimed. "We've been dating for five months now! How could you not tell me?!"

     "I'm sorry!" (Y/N) begged. "When I first met you I didn't know if you would use my last name as a way to get an in with promotions and stuff." She looked down at her lap.

     Marcus reached across the table for her hand. "I would never do that." He assured.

     (Y/N) smiled weakly at him.

     "Bless us O'Lord for these thy gifts which we are about to receive from thy bounty through Christ our Lord. Amen."

     "So, how was everyone's week?" (Y/N)'s grandfather asked at the head of the table. He was the ex commissioner and her own father was beginning to follow in his footsteps while her Uncle Danny preferred to remain a homicide detective.

     "Working a new case. Looks like a tough one." Uncle Danny answered from the other end of the table. Since her great grandfather, Henry, had passed away her Uncle had taken over the seat seeing as he was the oldest.

     "Why's that?" Her father asked.

     "Well, sometimes it's hard to get what we need." Uncle Danny answered eyeing her Aunt Erin. Disputes between the two were common enough at the dinner table. Whenever Uncle Danny needed a warrant or anything else of the sort he went to her Aunt because she could push it through the fastest.

     "Not at dinner." Aunt Erin mumbled. "Jack, where's your beautiful fiancee?"

     "She's busy at work."

     "What about you, (Y/N)?" Uncle Danny asked, "Anyone in your life?"

     "Better not be." Her mother grumbled.