10. Jamie Reagan

(Y/N) hummed as she walked down the streets of New York

     (Y/N) hummed as she walked down the streets of New York. It had been a long day at her office and she just wanted to get home and rest.

     As she strode down the crowded street a man bumped into her and she felt her purse slip from her shoulder. On instinct she grabbed at it and turned to see the man holding onto it.

     "Let go." He demanded gritting his teeth.

     "It's my purse!" She exclaimed in indignation. Her (Y/E/C) eyes burned with fire. Even as she said it her fingers slipped and the man took the opportunity to wrench the purse from her grip.

     (Y/N) immediately raced after him cursing under her breath. She had important files inside that couldn't be lost. "Somebody stop him!" She shouted.

     The man looked back at her and (Y/N) smirked when she saw him run straight into a cop.

     "He has my purse!" (Y/N) panted looking at the officer's badge. It read Officer Reagan.

     "Is that true?" Officer Reagan demanded.

     "No, this is my girlfriend's." The man retorted.

     "My wallet and ID is in there." (Y/N) said calmly. "Along with important case files. I'm a prosecutor."

     Officer Reagan nodded and handed the purse back to her. "Here you are, may I see the ID?"

     (Y/N) pulled out her wallet and showed him her license.

     "Your girlfriend's bag huh?" Officer Reagan said handcuffing the man and walking to the police car parked on the side of the street.

     "Thank you." (Y/N) sighed. "If I had lost these..."

     "I get it." Officer Reagan answered. "It's no trouble." He paused. "You said you were a prosecutor, where'd you go to school?"

     "Harvard." (Y/N) smiled pulling her purse more securely to her shoulder.

     "Really?" Officer Reagan replied. "I went there too."

      "That's really cool. What did you go for?" (Y/N) asked.

     "Pre-law same as you."

     (Y/N) beamed up at him. "Well thank you for helping me Officer Reagan."

     "No problem and it's Jamie please.

     "Well, Jamie, thanks again."

     He grinned at her as he passed her a card with the NYPD logo on it. "If you ever need anything my personal number is on there...Or if you want to go out for drinks sometime or something."

     (Y/N) turned away trying to contain her blush. "In that case I'll definitely call." She smiled wishing him a final goodbye before going on her way feeling giddy and nervous to call him.