39. Jamie Reagan

"Cover me!" (Y/N) shouted bolting out from behind the cover of the car

     Danny immediately stood and began firing rounds towards the gang members that were trying to protect their boss from being arrested. A distinct thud alerted him to a body dropping. The firing ceased for a few seconds for him to get a look at who it was.

     (Y/H/C) hair framed a young woman lying in the middle of the street.

     "(Y/N)!" Danny shouted, watching in horror as blood began to blossom from her arms and legs.

     Throwing caution to the wind the detective ran out of cover firing blindly. He grabbed his partner by the collar of her shirt and dragged her back behind the car.

     "I got him." (Y/N) wheezed her (Y/E/C) eyes fluttering. "I saw it."

     "Hey stay awake!" Danny shouted opening the back of the car and pulling her in as sirens wailed around them. Back up was arriving. "Hey! You stay awake! What am I supposed to tell Jamie, huh?"

     "Tell him I love him."(Y/N) coughed staring up at her partner, long time friend, and boyfriend's brother.

    "Tell him yourself." Danny ordered. He glanced out the window as a patrol car braked hard inbetween the shooters and the detective's car. "You guys got 'em?"

     "Yeah!" The patrol officers shouted, returning fire.

     Danny leaped into the driver's side started the car and slammed on the gas pedal heading straight towards the nearest hospital, placing a call to Jamie as he drove.

     "What happened?" Linda shouted at her husband as soon as she saw them enter the emergency room.

     "She was shot." Danny answered laying her on the stretcher. "I don't know how many times."

    "I'm okay." (Y/N) murmured.

     Linda quickly looked (Y/N) over before she shoved Danny away shouting for other nurses and doctors. "We have to get her to the OR! NOW!"

     Danny watched in panic as his partner was rolled away by his wife.

     "Danny!" Jamie said bursting into the waiting room as (Y/N) was being wheeled away. "Where is she?! (Y/N)!"

    "Jamie!" (Y/N) coughed.

    Jamie went to run to her but Danny caught his brother and held him tight.

     "No, Danny!" Jamie struggled. "I have to see her! I have to!"

     As (Y/N) went out of sight Jamie slowly relaxed in his brother's arms, defeated.

    "I was going to propose." Jamie mumbled, just loud enough so Danny could hear.

    "She'll be fine." Danny assured, although he wasn't sure if it was for Jamie or himself. "You'll get your chance." He hastily added.

    The brothers slowly turned towards the waiting room and took their seats. Jamie couldn't sit still for long, even as the rest of the Reagan family showed up. What was only a couple of hours felt like days. Finally, Linda reappeared.

    "She's going to be okay." Linda reasssured everyone. 

     Everyone released the breath they had been holding.

    "Can I see her?" Jamie asked.

    Linda shook her head. "She's just waking up, but she didn't want to see anyone."

    Jamie scoffed, "Linda that's ridiculous!"

    Linda held her hands up in surrender. "I'm sorry Jamie." She walked away to complete her shift.

      "Come on." Danny said dragging his brother up. "Let's grab some coffee." Danny dragged a stunned Jamie down the halls of the hospital. Having been there multiple times before for his wife, he knew how to navigate it and knew exactly where (Y/N) would be.

     "I thought we were getting coffee." Jamie complained when he saw that they weren't heading towards the cafeteria.

    Danny stopped at a door andpeeked inside. "Just hurry up." He ordered.

    Jamie shot his brother a grateful look before slipping inside. "(Y/N)." He said approaching the bed.

    (Y/N) turned her head to regard him, "Jamie?" She mumbled blearily. Her (Y/E/C) eyes were glossy with tears. "I don't want... I didn't."

    Jamie sat at her bedside, "I know." He said taking her hand that had been resting on her stomach, causing her to flinch. Jamie shot up. "Did I hurt you?"

    (Y/N) shook her head weakly. "Why are you here?"

    Jamie smiled gently down at her. "You didn't think I'd leave you here by yourself did you?"

    (Y/N) looked away as tears began to stream down her face.

    Jamie stroked his hand through her hair. "Hey, what's wrong?"

    "Jamie." (Y/N) choked. "The baby didn't make it."

    Jamie stared down at her, unable to find words. "You were pregnant?"

    (Y/N) nodded choking back a sob. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Jamie."

    Jamie leaned down to hold her as best as he could. "It wasn't you fault." He shushed her.

    (Y/N) shook her head into his shoulder. "I shouldn't have been on the job. I should've protected it."

    Jamie rocked her back and forth until she fell asleep, exhausted from the days events.

    As the clock ticked on he felt himself gettin drowsy and he fell asleep hold her hand securely between his own as he sat, loyally at her bedside.

    The next morning (Y/N) awoke to the nurse bringing in a tray of hospital food. "Good morning." She told Jamie, giving him a kiss. She was still feeling the loss of her unborn child, but she was better than she was before.

    Jamie watched her pointedly to make sure she ate. He kept glancing between her and the tray of food, wondering when she would notice the little black box that was sitting on it.

     It wasn't until (Y/N) was absentmindedly fiddling with the Jell-O. That she noticed. "Jamie, go and get the nurse. She must've left this here."

    Jamie chuckled fondly at her, taking the box in his own hands, "No she didn't." He opened the box to reveal the ring he had picked out a long time ago.

     (Y/N) couldn't help the small gasp that escaped her lips and her (Y/E/C) eyes began to fill with tears again. "Jamie?"

    "Marry me?" Jamie said simply. "I couldn't stand my life without you in it, so (Y/N), please marry me?"

     (Y/N) slowly nodded her head, unable to form words. "Yes, a million times yes!" She cried, kissing Jamie hard as he slipped the ring on her finger.

    A second later, Linda had poked her head in. "How're you doing, sweetheart?"

    (Y/N) held up her hand. "Good." She whispered, still in shock.

    Linda squealed, shouting for the rest of the family that was right outside. Everyone flooded in and (Y/N) smiled as the congratulations flowed over her. She snuggled into Jamie's side happy to be a part of the amazing, loving, and loyal Reagan family.

Hope this was good for you, @sophiac0846! Sorry it took so long, hun. I've been incredibly busy!