40. Peter Parker

(Y/N) sat peacefully in the coffee shop sketching in her notebook

     (Y/N) sat peacefully in the coffee shop sketching in her notebook. It was an abstract viewscape of New York that didn't entirely look familiar. She had been to her fair share of scenic rooftops with friends, but this particular angle seemed strange and inaccesible to people.

    She heard the door jingle and looked up as Ned walked in, another guy was standing in front of him staring back at her.

    Ned took his usual seat next to (Y/N) and she turned her attention to greet her friend. She couldn't help but wonder about the familiar stranger who she could overhear ask MJ for a coffee. 

    She looked up at him again with confused (Y/E/C) eyes.

    "(Y/N) what are you doing?" Ned exclaimed next to her.

    (Y/N) looked down at her sketch page and realized her hand was moving across her sketch, connecting the dots of her abstract New York, shading in different areas, until finally she had drawn the handsome stranger, who was still awkwardly standing in wait of his coffee.

    (Y/N) snapped the book shut before Ned could fully see.

    "Some donuts, for my fellow engineer and artist" MJ announced, placing a couple of donuts in front of her friends.

    (Y/N) beamed at her, her (Y/E/C) eyes glittering and muttered a small, "thank you."

     "Oh, wait what?" Ned asked.

     "MIT, engineers is the mascot and (Y/N) is going to-"

     "The Brooklyn Academy of Fine Arts." Ned and (Y/N) said in unison.

    "I know you're proud of me that I already got accepted MJ, but you don't have to say it every ten seconds." (Y/N) teased.

    "But, look at you getting into the school spirit." Ned encouraged.

    "Tell anyone and I will deny it." MJ, pointed at the two of them threateningly, before going to prepare a coffee.

    (Y/N) and Ned held up their hands in surrender, exchanging mischevious smiles.

    "You should probably know that your school mascot is an engineer though." (Y/N) nudged Ned.

     "Right." Ned hummed.

    (Y/N) looked up into the warm brown eyes of the stranger, staring back at her. His eyes glittered happily at her, not noticing when MJ called his name. 

    Finally he snapped out of it and turned back to MJ, chatting with her a bit.

    (Y/N) looked back at her notebook, tucking a stray piece of (Y/H/C) hair behind her ear. Slowly she opened it, staring at the incredible likeness of the boy she had never seen before in her life, until he had walked into MJ's coffee shop.

    "Wow, that's so cool!" Ned exclaimed. "No wonder you got into Brooklyn's Academy of Fine Arts. It's like New York and a person all in one."

    "Yeah." (Y/N) whispered, something tickling the back of her mind. "Actually, that's how I got in. The board wasn't super interested in some of my normal landscapes, but they flipped out over my abstract New York and spiderman designs."

     The bell jingled and (Y/N)'s head snapped up watching as the handsome boy left and walked down the street.

     "Hey!" (Y/N) shouted impulsively, hurriedly grabbing her notebook and racing after the boy, much to the surprise of MJ and Ned. "Hey! I'm talking to you!"

     He turned around with a startled look, staring down at the (Y/H/C) haired beauty.

    "Don't I know you? From somewhere?" (Y/N) asked.

    "No, no I- I don't think so." He stuttered, looking down at his coffee.

    "No, I do. I definitely do." (Y/N) decided. The longer she looked at his face, the more she knew she knew him from somewhere, she just wasn't sure where. "You're Peter right?" The name appearing in her mind.

     The stranger broke into an enormous grin, his brown eyes sparkling and (Y/N) couldn't help the smile that tugged at her own lips. "Yeah, yes. I'm, I'm Peter. Parker."

     "I'm (Y/N)." She breathed back. "I don't know who you are Peter Parker, but I have dreams about you all the time." She blurted out, a blush rising when she realized what she had said. She shoved her sketchbook at him.

    Tentatively he took it from her and began to flip through the pages, his eyes widening at the different scenes of New York that he had taken her to in the past so she could draw them. There were different sketches and overlaps of sketches of him, him as spiderman, spiderman, and New York. All of them unique.

     "This is, this is, just wow." He smiled amazed. "This is incredible, (Y/N)."

    She shivered at how he said her name, like it was familiar and affectionate to him.

    She happened to glance at his clothes and noticed a spot of red peeking out. "What's that?" She wondered aloud, reaching for the piece of fabric under his clothes.

    Peter glanced down, realizing too late that his suit was peeking out from his clothes. "Oh that, I-"

    He cut himself off when (Y/N) lightly tugged his jacket to better conceal it. "Better not let anyone see that." She whispered, looking up at him through her lashes.

    "Yeah," He breathed, as the two stared at each other, their hot breaths mingling on the cold streets of New York.