41. Alexander Lightwood

Carefully (Y/N) pulled the necklace out from where it was safely tucked

     Carefully (Y/N) pulled the necklace out from where it was safely tucked. She never took it off, seeing as it was a gift from her ancestor.

     "Hey (Y/N)!" Alec called, knocking before entering her room.

    (Y/N) quickly tucked the necklace back under her shirt before he could see.

     "Yeah?" She asked, turning to the oldest Lightwood. She was always put off by his stunning blue eyes and most of all his smile.

     "Want to come spar with me? I could use a partner."

     "Sure. I'll be right down." She agreed.

     Once he had left, she quickly donned her gear before joining him in the training room.

     She unsheathed her dual swords and faced off against Alec as he readied his own seraph blade.

     "Ready?" He asked.

    "Bring it on Lightwood." She grinned.

     He rushed at her, pushing her back.

     She held her ground, striking back at him with her own weapon. Slowly she began to push him back. The pair went back and forth, both matching each other evenly.

    Panting, Alec lunged towards her, seeing her opening (Y/N) dropped to the ground using her leg to sweep Alec's out from under him.

    Alec landed on the ground with a grunt and (Y/N) kicked his sword out of reach. "I win." She beamed down at him, her (Y/E/C) eyes twinkling.

    Alec nodded, trying to catch his breath. 

    (Y/N) turned to go get a drink of water, when suddenly she was on the floor. She gasped for air as the wind was knocked out of her. "Cheater." She breathed, turning to look at Alec smiling back at her.

    The two laid on the floor of the training room, staring into each other's eyes.

    (Y/N) took a deep breath and rolled on top of him, straddling him. "Alec, I have to tell you something." She whispered. Her heart was beating so loud she wondered if anyone else could hear it.

    He remained silent. His blue eyes staring into hers.

     "I think I'm in love with you." She breathed, unable to look away even as a blush spread across her cheeks. 

     "Good." He smiled, breathily. "Because that would make this really awkward."

     Before she could ask what he meant, he pulled her down and kissed her.

     She kissed him back, hardly daring to believe that this was real and not a dream.

    He rolled ontop of her, deepening the kiss. With years of practiced self control, he finally pushed himself away. Gracefully, he stood to his fully height, gently laying his seraph blade, playfully at her throat. "I win."