24. Derek Morgan

The doorbell rang and (Y/N) stood to answer it quickly

     The doorbell rang and (Y/N) stood to answer it quickly. She opened the door tentatively unsure of who it could be. "Hotch, Rossi?" She exclaimed opening the door wider seeing the two men on her doorstep.

     "(Y/N)," Rossi began thickly.

     "Can we come in?" Hotch added.

     "What's happened is Derek, okay?" She asked worriedly playing with her wedding band.

     Neither of them spoke. "What's happened?" She demanded.

     "(Y/N) there was a shooting." Hotch said slowly. "Derek didn't make it."

     The world faded around her and (Y/N) stumbled forward, unable to hold herself up.

     Hotch and Rossi wrapped their arms around the sobbing widow. "Oh God." She sobbed. "Please tell me this is a dream. Please." She begged waiting to wake up from the nightmare she had landed in.

     Everything passed in a blur. The first few days (Y/N) went through the effort of putting on make-up but by the end of the day her mascara had run down her face and she stopped trying.

     Funeral arrangements were made. Derek's family flew in from Chicago. His wedding band now hung on a chain around her neck.

     As the funeral went on and (Y/N) listened to his colleagues talk about what a great man he was she only thought of the future she could've had with him.

     Someone handed her a folded up flag and (Y/N) held it tightly to her chest, jumping when the guns were raised and shots were fired into the air. Had he been scared when he died? Was he in pain?

     The following service was solemn. Penelope hardly left (Y/N)'s side. The BAU team wasn't far behind.

     Finally everyone who had been invited began to leave. The only people left was Derek's family, the BAU, and (Y/N).

     "If you ever need anything." Penelope said holding onto (Y/N)'s hands tightly. Both women's eyes were red from crying and (Y/N) knew she was one of the few people she'd lean to.

     "Thank you." (Y/N) whispered.

     Penelope went to leave.

     "Oh, God." (Y/N) sobbed clutching her stomach with one hand like she was trying to keep herself together.

     Penelope stopped in her tracks and wrapped the other girl in a tight hug.

     "How could he just leave us like this?" (Y/N) sobbed into Penelope's shoulder.

     "Us?" Spencer asked. "You're pregnant?"

     (Y/N) only nodded into Penelope's shoulder sobbing harder as her friends and family surrounded her in an attempt at comfort.