11. Elijah Mikaelson

     "This is a horrible idea." (Y/N) sighed already feeling the embarrassment creep up on her.

     "Nonsense." Rebekah insisted smoothing out her dress in the mirror. She looked back at her best friend in the mirror. "This will convince him."

     (Y/N) rolled her (Y/E/C) eyes. "Rebekah, it'll be a miracle if he changes his mind."

     "Elijah would be a fool to not turn you." Rebekah insisted. "You already know about the blood lust and the hunger. You'll be fine. And if he refuses again I'll turn you myself."

    "But singing?" (Y/N) moaned.

     Rebekah fixed the last of her make-up and turned to look at her friend with a serious look. "Yes, now come."

     (Y/N) shot her a playful glare before following her towards the ball that had started without them. 

     The two of them arrived and watched the other couples twirl elegantly to the music.

      Rebekah offered (Y/N) a glass of champagne and she took it gratefully to calm her nerves.

     "You look stunning." Elijah said appearing next to her.

     (Y/N) beamed back at him. "You clean up well yourself." She teased.

     Elijah held out his hand to her silently asking her for a dance.

    The (Y/H/C) haired girl accepted happily letting him lead her to the dance floor. She followed Elijah's steps as best she could, stumbling through the waltz. 

     "If I were to turn would I be more graceful?" (Y/N) asked teasingly.

     "I have yet to meet an ungraceful vampire." Elijah replied. He was tense about the subject but then he added, "You would be the first."

     (Y/N) gasped feigning hurt. "You wound me." She declared dramatically as he spun her around.

      Elijah merely chuckled and the pair continued to dance.

     The waltz faded to a close and (Y/N) paled when she realized Rebekah was standing in front of the microphone. 

     "Welcome." She began. "Thank you all for joining the family at our annual ball. And now we have a special surprise." Rebekah gestured (Y/N) forward.

     (Y/N) moved through the crowd hardly realizing what she was doing.

     Rebekah stepped away from the microphone leaving (Y/N) standing in front of a silent crowd.

     She nervously brushed a strand of her (Y/H/C) hair out of her face. "The person this song is for knows what this is about." She began nervously wringing her hands. "I only hope that they can see things from my point of view."

     The band behind her began the first notes of the song and (Y/N) closed her eyes and took a deep breath before she began with the first verse of the song. 

     "A child and a fool in one, so sure I could need no one. My heart always on the run to nowhere. Now as you're holding me my heart is reminding me, that now I could never be without you." (Y/N) looked over the crowd gaining her courage to look at Elijah for the most important part of the song.

     He was smiling back at her basking in the sound of her voice. He was curious to where she was going with this, what her plan was.

     (Y/N) began the next verse letting her voice grow in volume as the song continued. "But how can our love succeed? A miracle is what we need and so I appeal to you. Keep me suspended in time with you. Don't let this moment die. I get a feeling when I'm with you. None of the rules apply. But I know for certain goodbye is a crime. So, love, if you need me suspend me in time."

     (Y/N) watched with growing anxiety as Elijah's face became impassive. She glanced worriedly at Rebekah who nodded for her to continue.

     "Wasted the time away, holding your love at bay. Now I can't last a day without you. Your smile is a thrill to see." (Y/N) smiled softly conjuring Elijah's smile in her mind rather than look at him. "Your eyes hold me tenderly. They'll shine in my memory forever."

     (Y/N) opened her eyes again finding Elijah in the crowd who was staring back at her. He smiled faintly at her.

     "But how can our love succeed? A miracle is what we need and so I appeal to you. To keep me suspended in time with you. Don't let this moment die. I get a feeling when I'm with you. None of the rules apply. But I know for certain goodbye is a crime. So, love, if you need me suspend me in time. In time."

      The last notes of the song ended and the crowd erupted into cheers for her.

     (Y/N) blushed. She curtsied politely and left the room in a hurry.

     She found herself in the library of the Mikaelson mansion. After being with Elijah for so long she was used to the familiar room.

     She heard the door open but didn't turn to look at who it was she already knew.

     "Why do you insist on this reckless course of action?" Elijah asked.

     (Y/N) frowned hugging herself tightly. "You know why." She replied.

     Elijah sighed again and gently turned her around wrapping her in his arms. "If it's what you want." He began. "We can discuss the details with my family tomorrow morning."

     (Y/N) pulled away from him looking up at him with wide (Y/E/C) eyes. "Do you mean it? You'll turn me?" She asked.

     "I give you my word." Elijah told her genuinely looking into her eyes deeply.

     (Y/N) beamed at him. "Always and forever."

     Elijah kissed her gently before pulling away. "Always and forever." He replied resting his forehead against hers.