36. Elijah Mikaelson

(Y/N) put the finishing touches on her make up before padding to the door and pushing it open

     (Y/N) put the finishing touches on her make up before padding to the door and pushing it open. "What do you think?" She asked spinning around.

      "You look absolutely stunning!" Rebekah exclaimed happily. She reached for her friend's hand and dragged her through the corridors of the compound. 

     "Was a ball really necessary?" (Y/N) complained. Although, she had to admit it was nice to dress up.

     Rebekah paused as the two looked over the balcony to the crowd waiting in the courtyard.

     "Of course it was, love." Klaus said, announcing his presence as he stood on (Y/N)'s other side. "You've been a friend to us for ages. This is our way of repaying you, especially on such a special day as your birthday."

    "Although I'm not sure how smart it was of you to wear your hair up in a crowd of vampires." Rebekah added.

    (Y/N) laughed carelessly. "As Klaus said I've been your friend for ages. Human or not who would be stupid enough to attack me in the middle of the compound."

     "Many people." Elijah stated joining his siblings and their human friend. "Please, I beg of you to be cautious."

    "I will." (Y/N) whispered not turning to him for fear of him seeing her blush. "I give you my word."

      Rebekah certainly picked up on her flustered state, but before she could utter a word Klaus had shouted to the crowd below.

     "Our guest of honor has arrived! Let the festivities begin!"

    There were hoots and hollers as the band in the corner began playing music and everyone began to dance.

    The three originals and their human friend made their way down to the main floor.

     Elijah and Klaus immediately left to go speak with the other while Rebekah and (Y/N) flagged a waiter down for flutes of champagne.

    As the night dragged on (Y/N) watched couples come and go on the dance floor.

    "Are you going to stare all night or are you going to go join the fun?" Rebekah demanded. "It's your special day."

    (Y/N) shot a crooked grin at her best friend, knowing there was no way of getting out of it. She downed the last of her champagne and set the glass aside, "Fine."

     She was about to make her way to the dance floor, when she noticed Elijah dancing with Davina. It was silly of her she knew, but she couldn't help a flash of hurt going straight to her heart.

     Rebekah immediately followed her line of sight, and noticed the sorrow in her friend's (Y/E/C) eyes. Rebekah gently guided (Y/N) away, "Why don't you go dance with Kol?" She suggested softly.