13. 𝚊 𝚜𝚊𝚍 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜 (s.ᴄ)

A sad kiss

Flash Backs are in italics.

Imagine being a Newsie in Brooklyn and falling for Spot Conlon. But having to move away :(

The moon hung blissfully in the night sky, stars glowing like fireflies. You looked out at the water. It rippled smoothly in the brisk Brooklyn breeze. You sat on the edge of the Brooklyn bridge, your legs dangling over the edge, swinging distractedly. You placed your hands down flat on the wood and lay your head back taking a deep breath. Tonight, was the night that you had been dreading for months.

"Oh- I'm sorry" you muttered, apologising to whoever you bumped into.

"You better watch where you're going" the person replied as you crouched down to pick up the papers they had dropped. You gathered them in your hands and passing them to the person. They took the papers from you, nodding politely.

"I'm sorry" you said once more, fixing your hat and walking away.

Your eyes still closed, head still back and smiled to yourself. That boy was Spot Conlon and he was the reason tonight was going to be the worst night of your life.

Spot just stood there dumbfounded, holding the papers you just returned to him. He rubbed his forehead and watched you walk away, like nothing had ever happened. In that moment he was determined to find out who this mystery person was.

Footsteps interrupted your daydream. You turned your head to see who it was. Well you knew who it was.

"Spot" you sighed lovingly as he slumped down beside you. He placed his hand atop of yours. You rested your head on his shoulder sadly. You both sat there in comfortable silence.

"Y/N would you- umm" Spot began.

You had never ever seen Spot so nervous, so speechless. It made you giggle, watching Spot come undone.

"Go on a- a date with me?" He finished, looking down at the floor.

"I thought you'd never ask" you chirped back with a laugh, giving Spot a hug and swift kiss on the cheek.

That night you sat on the roof of your building watching the stars, with cupcakes you had made especially for the occasion. The stars had never looked more beautiful than they did that night. That night when you lay snuggled up in Spot's arms you realised that he was so worth the wait.

You sighed again at the incredible memory.

"You okay babe?" Spot asked rubbing circles on your skin.

"Not really" You replied eyes starting to fill with tears. It was like he could sense the pain. He wrapped his arms around your body, bringing you as close as he physically could.

You and Spot were once again sitting on your roof but this time under a ledge, watching the rain fall.

"Spot" you said caressing his jaw gently. He turned to face you, smiling.

"There's something I need to tell you"

"You're not breaking up with me, are you?" he asked worried.

"No, no, not at all" you giggled, biting your lip. Your hand resting on his face.

"Spot, you know how my Dad travels for work. And I moved to Brooklyn for his job."

"Yeah and he promised you, you would finally settle down..."

"Yeah, he did but... but he's being moved to England and I've got to go with him" you finished, your voice breaking.

"Y/N, its going to be okay, we, we can make it work, we will make it work" He said reassuringly, wiping your tears away with the sleeves of his shirt.

You were still wrapped up in his arms, rocking soothingly back and forth. You breathed through the pain.

"Spot, I can't believe this is our last night together." You whispered.

He pressed his lips to yours in attempt to conceal the pain. He traced patterns on your skin with his fingertips as your lips moulded together. When you pulled away, a sob wracked your body. He wiped away your tears, just as he did on the day you told him.

"I love you Y/N" He said getting up from his seat.

"I love you too Spot." You said. You were really crying now. He sighed heavily, turning his back on you and walking down the bridge.

"Spot" you cried under your breath, reaching your hand out as if that were going to make him come back.

And as Spot walked away, the echoes of your sobs floating through the air, tears began to fall from his eyes. Spot never cried but loosing you was the worst thing that had ever happened to him.

(A/N: i FINALLY wrote for Spot and i'm excited about it ngl. i'm sorry it was angsty but i'm actually really proud of it. Thank you for reading and i hope you enjoyed. Stay safe and ily)