27. 𝚓𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜 (ᴊ.ᴋ)

Jealous Kiss

The Irving hall had never looked more worn out. Since winning the rally, there had been countless amounts of shows and parties. But tonight, was special. The Newsies, Medda and close friends and family were all gathered outside in the courtyard. It was beautiful, a small fire roared on the deck. Flames licking at the wood Bumlets kept throwing on. The gathering began at sunset and continued all through the night. Medda was stood singing easy listening songs and people were dancing under the stars. It was cold out, but you sat wrapped in a blanket by the fire laughing with Crutchie.

Every so often you'd steal a glance at the people dancing and smile. Your boyfriend Jack had his arm around your shoulder, hugging you close to his body for warmth. You rested your head against his body and listened to Medda's voice, this time fully focused on the dancing. It seemed like everyone had noticed but Jack. You sighed half in awe, half in disappointment. You knew Jack wouldn't dance with you, he wouldn't even ask. It wasn't that he was embarrassed of dancing with you, it was that he didn't want to embarrass himself and ruin his reputation.

"I'm going to go grab a drink" you huffed, standing up and disappearing inside. Race looked out for you making sure you were definitely out of ear shot...

"Look Kelly, your goil (hehe)/ guy wants to dance" he said bluntly.

"Yeah, its so obvious" Skittery chirped, joining the conversation.

"So, either you ask em' to dance or I do" Mush finished, his arms folded across his chest. Jack just sat there kinda dumb founded. He was so bloody oblivious sometimes, he loved you but dancing...Dancing was a huge no no for him. He didn't reply, he crossed his arms and scowled in annoyance. You came back with a class and sat down, taking a sip. Mush shot Jack a look, but he didn't do anything, he just looked away.

"Fine" Mush muttered under his breath.

"Y/N, would you like to dance?" he asked, extending his hand for you to take. You looked at Jack who showed no sign of objecting. You shook your head and obliged, taking Mush's hand. You walked of onto the dance floor (or allocated patch of grass) and started to dance. You smiled. Mush was your best friend; you had known him since childhood, and nothing had ever separated you.

"Thanks Mush" you whispered, not wanting to interrupt everyone else.

"Its nothing" he replied, twirling you delicately. You giggled; you had forgot Mush was a dancer.

Meanwhile as you danced with Mush, Jack sat near the fire furious. He couldn't stop staring at Mush's hands on your waist or the way he gripped onto your hips when he lifted you up. He hadn't said a word since the boys had set him straight.

"Shoulda asked her to dance" Race commented, pulling his cigar out of his mouth.

"F**k off" Jack cursed. But deep down he knew Race was right.

The night had come to an end, people started leaving. The fire had died out and was left smoldering. You and Mush had just left the dance floor. You walked up to Jack and half smiled, before rushing off to thank Medda. When you came back, Jack took your face in his hands quickly, crashing his lips against yours. You were shocked, your eyes wide but the closed as he ran his hand up the side of your body. He pulled away, both of you breathing heavily. Several of the boys were staring at you. You rubbed the back of your neck and said goodbye, taking Jack's hand and walking home.

As you walked Jack didn't say a word and it was bugging you, he was usually quite talkative. You were still a little shaken up from the kiss earlier.

"What was that for... Back then?" You asked, coming to a halt.

"What, I can't kiss you, now" He replied sarcastically, still walking

"I never said that" you were growing impatient. You ran ahead, standing in front of him. You took both of his hands in yours, your fingers entwined carefully.

"Jack, what's wrong?" You knew something was up, he was never like this unless he was in a mood.

"Mush" he whispered, under his breath. You looked at the ground and shook your head.

"You know for someone so bright, you really are an idiot"

He looked up confused.

"Jack, Mush is one of my best friends, I don't like him like that"

"oh, well, I feel stupid..."

"Don't...I love you and only you" You said continuing to walk home.

"Hey Y/N, did you like the kiss back there?" he smirked

"Oh shut up"

(A/N: Hii, so this is one of my faves so far and its also one of the longest. I just want to say im really trying to keep this gender neutral and or gender inclusive but i might forget so im sorry in advance. Thanks for reading, stay safe and ily)