36. 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜 (ᴊ.ᴋ)

True loves kiss

(flashbacks are in italics)

Jack Kelly had always loved you. From the moment he laid eyes on you he knew you were going to be special to him. It hadn't started romantically; it was more of a friendly admiration. He adored the way you cared about your friends, the amount of enthusiasm you'd sell your papes with.

"Morning Kelly" you chirped, placing one hand on his shoulder. You almost seemed to glow in the sunlight, you smile his favourite thing to wake up to.

"Mornin' Y/N" he replied.

"Y/N, Y/N" someone yelled off in the distance.

"Bye Jack" you waved before bouncing off in the direction of the shouting. Jack watched you fondly as you ran over, the spring in your step evident as always.

Jack loved the way you had no fear.

"Ahh, if isn't Y/N" a voice sneered from behind you. You didn't even have to turn round to know that it was Oscar and Morris Delancey.

"What do you want?" you asked deadpan, still walking away.

"We want to know where cowboy is" they said, laughing.

"Yeah, like im gonna tell you that"

That day you stumbled back into the lodging house with a black eye and a story about you beat the crap out of the boys without breaking a nail. Jack just sat back looking nonchalant but secretly he was watching the way your hands flailed around. The way your lips formed each letter perfectly; he found himself wondering what his name would sound like rolling off your tongue. Even though you'd said it so many times before, this time it was different. His mind started to wander.

That's when he realised the love, he had for you wasn't just platonic.

Jack asked you out on a summer afternoon. You were walking through the park on your way back to the lodging house. He knew he needed to tell you how he felt.

"Y/N, you'se ever had a crush on someone?" he asked, shoving his hands in his pockets. You thought for a while, tipping your head to one side.

"Yeah, I think so" you said. It was 100% a little white lie. You had definitely had a crush on someone. *cough* Jack Kelly *cough*.

"Why" you questioned.

"Well, I's got a crush on someone and umm was wondering, if you could help me" he confessed. Mentally he was hitting himself, why didn't he just confess. He was usually so confident, and you turned him into putty.

"Of course" you said. In the back of your mind you thought something was going happen but no...Even though you were a little defeated, you still agreed to help him. At least he was happy, right?

"Man up Kelly" he muttered to himself under his breath.

"Y/N, it's you, I've got a crush on you" he blurted out. You stopped walking, grinning wildly. You were pretty sure you looked really stupid but what the hell. The smile on your face was enough for Jack to realise that he really wanted this to go far.

From then on Jack just grew to love you more and more. The way your arms would drape round his neck lovingly, the way your fingers would slide through his hair, the way your lips felt against his. He loved it all, he loved you.

"Y/N" Jack said, making you turn your head away from the Manhattan skyline. You were both sitting on the roof of Irving Hall, watching the sunset.

"Yeah" you said, reaching for his hand and entwining his fingers with yours.

"There's something I gotta tell you'se"

"Okay" you swallowed.

"Y/N, I love you. Actually, I've loved you for a while now and..."

He was cut off by your lips against his.

"I love you too Cowboy"

Jack knew you were his true love, as cheesy as it sounded. It was the day of the rally. You and Jack were stressed to your cores and relaxing at Irving hall seemed liked the perfect distraction. You both sat together, swaying gentle to Medda's beautiful voice. Jack singing in a low whisper. The sound of his voice was enchanting. God you loved him.

"I love you Kelly, so so much" you said, caressing his face with your hand.

"I love you too" he said back, cupping your face in his large hands. He brought his lips to yours and you sighed into it. This kiss felt so different but so right. He still managed to give you butterflies when he ran his tongue across your bottom lip.

"Eww" Race muttered from afar.

"True loves kiss works every time" Sarah commented with a giggle.

"Yeah, but still..."

(A/N: I LOVE THIS OMG, I love Jack Kelly so much man. Thank you for 700 reads, you are all superstars. I hope you enjoyed it, stay safe and ily)