12. 𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜 (ᴊ.ᴋ)

"War's end" kiss

You sat on the statue in the sunshine, legs dangling over the side swinging absentmindedly. A few of your friends gathered round, just dozing in the heat of the day. You lay your head back and closed your eyes, bathing in the rays of the sun.

"I doubt anyone's coming" someone announced breaking the silence. You lifted your head up sleepily and scanned for the voice. You were ready to have a go at them for not being optimistic, but they had just said what everyone was thinking. And anyway, you didn't have the energy to yell. So, you lay back like nothing had happened. Your peace was once again interrupted by Les and Race singing softly with each other, you smiled warmly to yourself, apricating the slight moral they were providing. But again, you closed your eyes and took a deep breath, ready to relax. You were so ridiculously tired; the strike had drained you of all your energy. So, you were basking in all the peace you could get. You were interrupted one last time. But this time there was no more relaxing.

Hoards of people came running from all directions filling the square. All of them chanting, waving signs and banners in the air. You couldn't believe it. You jumped down from the statue, your shoes making a thud on the ground. You joined in on the chanting. The sound of powerful voices ringing through out the city. You made eye contact with Jack from your positions in the crowd. The smile on his face was incredibly beautiful. You hadn't seen him this happy in forever. You watched him hoist Les onto his shoulders. Les threw his arms up in triumph and you laughed to yourself. You stopped suddenly, realising you hadn't laughed like that in a long time. Tears of happiness began to fill your eyes as you pushed through the crowd to get to Jack. You budged past Specs and Skittery who were cheering away completely unaware of their surroundings, which made you laugh again. But this time you didn't stop. You made it to Jack and your other friends, joining in with their celebrations. At this point you were crying, tears streaming down your cheeks, but did you care... No? Jack was staring at you lovingly, watching you enjoy yourself for the first time in months. He took Les off of his placing him carefully on the floor.

He pushed over to you and pulled you into his body tightly. You lay you head on his shoulder, breathing in his scent.

"Jack I'm so proud of you!" you said loud enough for him to hear you over the chanting of children.

"You did it, no more hiding, Jack... Its over!!!" you sighed, with a giggle.

Jack took your face between his hands and brought it to his, pressing a deep, romantic kiss to your lips. You got as close to him as physically possible, chest to chest. You brought your hands up his hair and laced your finger into his soft locks. After the kiss of a lifetime, you broke away. Resting your forehead against his.

"We did it Y/N"

(A/N: hiya, i actually liked this one but i'm aware i missed out the scene where the bulls come and where he talks to Pulitzer. i kinda just wanted to get to the fluffy stuff :). we are super close to 100 reads, which is crazy to me, so thank you. i hope you enjoyed it and stay safe, ily)