23. 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚕𝚕 (ᴊ.ᴋ)

Against the wall

(I'm sorry about this one...I think)

"Jack...Jack" you said. You were sat cross legged on your bed, with your head in your hands. Jack was pacing around the room furiously, a purple bruise forming around his eye. If this were a cartoon you thought to yourself, there'd be smoke coming out of his ears.

"Jack, I'm fine" you tried to tell him. He stopped in his tracks to face you.

"I don't care, you could have got seriously hurt" he retorted.

"Jack, I'm 17, I can handle myself out there"

"Really?"

"Yes, Jack, don't you think I had that situation sorted?" you stood up from the bed and folded your arms.

"No, actually, I didn't."

"What do you mean?" You narrowed your eyes at him in disbelief, tilting your head to one side. You were ready to hear whatever bs he had to say. He looked you for a moment but turned away.

"That's what I thought" you muttered under your breath.

"You know what Y/N, I thought you were gonna get soaked out there, good and proper. Thought you was gonna get bloodied up bad, so I did what I had to. I had no doubt that you could have handled it." he began, placing his hands on your shoulders. His voice was still somewhat raised when he continued.

"But if I see the person I love about to get soaked, I gotta do something. I was protecting you, that's all. There's no reason to get all cocky with me because next time-" he stopped mid-sentence feeling himself back into the wall.

"Well because next time, next time..." his words trailed off as you brought your lips to his, kissing him hard. He felt your hand touch the nape of his neck before running up to tangle in his locks. You brought your other hand to cup his face and he found the perfect chance to spin you round. With you backed against the wall, Jack deepened the kiss (if that was even possible), placing one hand against the wall, the other on your hip. All of your pent-up anger washed away as Jack's lips crashed against yours. He pulled away smirking, his lips lightly swollen. The bruise around his eye darker than it was before.

"I'm sorry Jack, thanks for helping me out there" you stammered, slightly taken-aback.

"It's nothing, I'm sorry too" he replied. You looked up at him, dusting the pads of your fingers across the edge of his black eye. He smirked at you suggestively.

"What..." you laughed, before slipping away off to the bathroom.

"Makes you look hot" you called distantly as you closed the door. He was shocked, he just stood there smiling like an idiot.

(A/N: Actually i'm not sorry because i ended up like this one more than i thought, so that's good. Thank you for reading, i hope you enjoyed it, stay safe and ily)