14. 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜 (ᴊ.ᴋ)

First Kiss

The first time you kissed Jack Kelly it was an accident. But it was a happy accident. It was an accident that ended up changing your life for the better.

You had been getting close with Jack for a while. He would always walk you home after selling papers, he would always sit with you at Jacobi's, his arm slung round your shoulder. When you first met him, you didn't seem to bothered, you acknowledged that he was handsome and incredibly good at his job, but you brushed it off. Thinking nothing of these feelings. As time went on you found yourself, watching Jack with a certain admiration. Realising he wasn't just handsome, that he was utterly perfect, realising that you may have a little crush on him.

Little did you know Jack was feeling the same. He often found himself sneaking glances at you when you were working or wondering what you were thinking about, hoping it was him. That's when he decided he wanted to make a move, but he didn't want to scare you away.

So, you started off as friends. You talked often and hung out but only during work. You would stand next to each other and sell papes. Both of you desperately wanting something more but nothing ever really happened. You began to enjoy Jack's company more than that of your own friends. You ended up spending more time with him, outside of work. You began talking daily, telling each other everything. Everything except the one thing eating away at your thoughts. One day you were so happy, you hugged him. That had never happened before. You pulled away almost immediately, thinking to yourself about how stupid that was. But from that day forward hugs became a regular occurrence.

From there you grew even closer if that was even possible. Innocent hugs turned into warm embraces; high fives turned into holding hands. However, you denied all possibility of a romantic relationship. No matter many cheeky comments the Newsies made, you would claim that you weren't together, and he would just go all quiet and red.

The night of the kiss, he was walking you home, like usual. Once you arrived outside of your front door, you pulled him in for a goodbye hug. When you pulled away, he was just staring at your face.

"What?" you giggled; you had never been this close to him before. You couldn't help but planting a quick kiss to his cheek. But Jack had the same idea and as you went to place your lips to his face, you were met with his lips instead. You gasped pulling away, shaking, slightly embarrassed. He just blinked, growing paler by the minute.

"Uh, Y/N, do you wanna, maybe go on a date sometime?" he broke the tension, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Of course," you replied, walking up your porch steps.

"Goodbye Jack" you said, a rosy smile on your face.

"Bye" he tipped his hat and watched you close the door.

And the rest, well the rest was history.

(A/N: First i just wanna say THANK YOU for 100 reads, i find that kinda nuts! Secondly, this is kinda short but its not totally awful so, i hope you enjoyed it, stay safe and ily. And once again THANK YOU for 100 reads, liv x)