11.𝚊 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚟𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚎𝚖 (ᴊ.ᴋ)

A kiss when you thought you've lost them

That night kept replaying in your mind. The way they blatantly abused your friends, the way Medda screamed when they mad-handled Racetrack, the way the had ripped Jack from your arms. You shuddered as the vision of Jack being beaten and carried away flashed before your eyes. A single tear fell from your eye and down your cheek, but you snuffled up. You knew Mr Snyder wasn't going to take it easy on Jack. He was going to take every last drop of his fury out on that boy. That thought alone made you feel powerless.

You stalked through the night with Davey, Les and the other Newsies waiting to rescue Jack. You all hid backed against the wall when Jack was led down into a carriage. You and Davey left the other boys and ran through the dark following the cart in means to save Jack from whatever pain he was going to ensue. After what felt like an eternity Jack and other men dressed in suits walked down the front stairs of the grand house.

"JACK" Davey yelled, he sled down the marble bannister and you all took of running. You felt Jack reach for your hand and entwine your fingers all while running. This gave you the confidence to keep going despite the desperate need for air. Jack pulled both you and Davey into an alleyway. You stepped back chewing on your nails anxiously while he talked to Davey. The conversation just ended in yelling and Davey storming off.

"Y/N, what do you think your doing?" he enquired harshly.

"I-" you began, not really knowing what to say.

"Jack I though I'd lost you" you admitted, looking him in the eyes.

"I- I did, I thought Snyder was gonna hurt you and I would never see you again. And I couldn't imagine not saying goodbye and-" you rambled on and on. Jack grabbed you by the waist pulling you tenderly into his body, holding you close.

He looked down at you and you looked back up him. You couldn't take it any longer before crashing your lips together in a heated kiss. All of your doubts disappearing as you felt him place his hands on the small of your back.

"You will never loose me, I promise."

(A/N: I hate this so much but i needed something to post and i'm sorry its so short, like i said i really don't like it. Thanks for reading and i hope you enjoyed it more than i did. Stay safe and ily)