19. 𝚊 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚋𝚒𝚍𝚍𝚎𝚗 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜 (ᴊ.ᴋ)

Forbidden Kiss

You followed Oscar and Morris down the street, trailing behind them picking at your nails. You yawned at their dull conversations that just seemed to drag on.

"Hey Y/N" your brother turned to you.

"What Oscar?" you snapped. He had disturbed you from your train of thought. He just frowned at you viciously at your harsh reaction.

"What?" you yelled again; this time agitated. He still didn't reply. You were convinced that he existed to annoy you.

The 3 of you were out bright and early much to Morris' protests. You eventually got to work greeting your uncle dryly. You stood behind the bars of the booth, stacking papers into piles of tens. The trolley bell rang, and the newsies came flooding in. One by one they came up to your uncle asking for their papers. You would pass the piles to him trying not to acknowledge the boys. You were such good friends with the boys and having to keep that from your family was difficult to say the least. You knew that this was a forbidden, Romeo and Juliet style relationship. You knew that if your brothers found out they would have murdered Jack a long time ago but you spent most of your time with the newsies and you wouldn't have it any other way. You ducked down out of view to gather more papes.

"Hundred papes for Cowboy" your uncle announced. You picked up the hundred papes, stumbling slightly, Morris catching you.

"Thanks" you nodded to him, shocked he did something nice for you. You hurled the newspapers on the desk pushing them to Jack. He smirked at you running his hand through his hair goofily. You breathed out your nose stifling a giggle. You served all the other Newsies and watched them disperse. You rested your head on your hand and waited for the clock to chime 12 o'clock. It was like this day in, day out. Work, wait, hide your relationship from your family, it was ridiculous, but you did it for Jack. The stroke of noon was the sound of bliss. You yanked your jacket off your chair so fast it clattered to the floor. You pushed past Oscar and Morris and took off down the path. They just looked at each other cluelessly, you were weird.

You continued running until you made it to Jacobi's. Making it to the door, you were out of breath and your legs felt like jelly. You stumbled through the door and threw yourself down beside Jack. You were greeted by a chorus of 'hi's' and 'hey's', but you were still to out of breath to reply, you just nodded and waved your hand. Specs pushed a glass of water down the table. You downed it in one go, feeling refreshed.

"Hey" Jack smiled, kissing your cheek delicately.

"Hi" you replied, caressing his jaw carefully.

"Oh, get a room..." Racetrack teased with a chuckle. Jack threw something at his and took your hand. He led you out of the restaurant into an alley way.

"Jack, what are you doing?" you laughed, your hand still entwined with yours.

"Nothing... just wanna kiss ya" he confessed.

He took his free hand and laced it into your hair lovingly. You removed your hand from his draping both of your arms around his neck. He kissed you carefully, before pulling you into him closer than physically possible. He ran his hand down the side of your body making you gasp against his lips. He used this to his advantage deepening the kiss. He tasted like the cola he'd drank earlier, and he smelt like smoke, a combination you never thought you'd enjoy. You pulled away reluctantly, gazing into his eyes. He seemed distracted, looking off to the side.

"You okay?" you asked, placing your hand on his neck, using your thumb to rub circles on his jaw.

"I think your brother saw us..."

"Oh well"

(A/N: I hated this one in the start but i kinda loved it towards the end. I'm like 30 reads away from 200 and that's incredible to me :0. I really want to start another book so if you have any ideas please drop them in a comment. Thank you for reading, stay safe and ily)