Visions

Deep within the darkness, Izuku’s consciousness stirs. He knows not of how long he has been unconscious as time doesn't exist in the recesses of his mind. In this dreamscape he begins to gain vision of an ancient battlefield around him. Two men stand off against each other, one with long white hair and the other with shorter, more kempt hair. One was in a rudimentary hero suit while the other was dressed like a CEO. Though he couldn't see their eyes Izuku instantly knew this was the first battle between One for All and All for One. Soon those visages disappeared leaving him in a forest being eternally drenched in snow. As he walked through this frozen forest he noticed that he could only see his right hand and the rest of bis body was clouded out in the same black smoke that was covering the eyes of his father and uncle in their final battle. As he walked aimlessly he started seeing estranged colored stars darting between the trees. Seven different colors appearing and getting close to him before darting off back towards the darkness.

    The first of the stars he manages to catch was a silver color, as it rests in his hand for a moment some of the smoke surrounding his body disappears revealing his feet and other hand. From this small light the silhouette of the long haired man battling All for One appears before the star floats into his chest. Not knowing what it means Izuku presses on walking trying to find the other stars within the frozen woods. When touching the next star which glows a deep blue a sense of security flows over his body. This star was bigger than the previous one, with the first being the size of a small coin and this being that of the ball in the quirk apprehension test. This one creates another silhouette of a woman with short hair and a cape appears before the feeling of someone touching his shoulders is felt and parts of his upper body come back to him. These lights are the souls of the previous holders trying to tell him something about his past. 

    Each soul he finds is bigger than the last, the third looking the size of a futbol and the fourth being the size of a beach ball. Each time he would touch one another vision would occur. Images of that holder flashed before him and each time he would see an image of his father facing off against him. With the fifth he actually saw another person, his spirit orb looked the size of a car with strange black wisps coming from the orb itself. The man turns and looks at Izuku before touching his right forearm causing it to fully reveal itself but for that strange black wisp to now be attached to his skin. The sixth was the only one he saw land a strike that injured All for One in the vision. The orbs of each soul seemed to represent the power that has been cultivated between each user. This one's sphere of power looked to be the size of a house. Perfectly spherical and glowing with a radiant golden light. Then came the seventh and she was the only one to speak and her sphere eclipsed the previous one 10 fold.

    “Everything you see is something you live to protect. From lives taking their first breaths to the moments of peace these people experience each day. It is your job to assure them they will always be safe. It isn't the quirk that is evil, it is the quirk user who can be evil. Not all villains can be saved but the ones that can have to be saved from themselves.” She says before embracing Izuku causing his body to come into fruition except for his mouth. A voice that he recognises came next and this sphere of power dwarfed the moon.

    “It is now your turn to uphold this mantle. You are the one to succeed me now that I no longer have One for All.” All Might's voice rang out but there was no spirit to follow just the sound of his voice. Then there came the voice that made his blood run cold. 

“Who would have known that my own flesh and blood would one day be my nemesis. I knew you would hold this power from the day you were born. I have lived several lifetimes and after all my time you can see the future of people through their eyes. I will deliver this warning to you only once, your own power will be your undoing as it was mine. I once raised you and now I must face you but who will face you when that time comes is a different story. My body is broken and I lay defeated but another will rise to take my place. It will either be you or it will be another All for One.” The voice Izuku knows of Hisashi Midoriya speaks out before seeing the image of himself with a red aura looking down over a destroyed city before that image changes to show him standing in front of those he cares about most defending them from a new silhouette with twin red eyes. When this vision ends he sees all 8 previous holders of One for All over lapping his body as he moves his arms. Then they vanish and his consciousness once again goes back to the darkness.