CHAPTER 29

Dear Someone, 

It's been a year. Exactly a year. And it's over. Everything changed. But it changed back to how it was. How the wind was so fresh and the sky blue. And I'm home. A different home then i would have expected but I'm home with my friends. And they're with me. Happy and releaved. 

The virus is cured, Everyone is cured to who they were. The world is crowded and full of people. It's not abandoned. It's noisy here yet that's what makes it comforting. And i learned how to socialise in school. But no one knows the real me. Except for Nickie, Jaden and Lyod. Lyod says it'd be dangerous and risky to announce what really haapened the night of the cure. Everyone thinks that Lyod's a hero. And I'm happy for him. Because i remember how he saved me. Twice. 

He deserves to be known. And living with them is fun. We all hang out and have fun even though Jaden's always complaining about Lyod being a party-pooper. Jaden's been doing all sorts of stuff after we took him to the hospital and checked for asthma. It was just a lung infection. He's all better and doing risky stuff. Like once he decided going bungee jumping without telling anyone. Lyod's been keeping an eye on him since then. But everything's okay. I keep on seeing dreams. But not about Dr. Skale. I see dreams about this man and woman. And they're saying good-bye to me. And the rest is just a blur. I think they're my real parents. But that doesn't upset me. Because i know my answer. I know who I am. 

I'm Harry, a boy  who lives in an orphan group after the virus. it's an ordinary lie. And maybe that is why i'm writing this to whoever reads it. Maybe someone from the future?  This my first entry to a new beginning.

People go out and meet others, without a risk of getting infected. My life feels so  complete. And I'm getting along just fine. Robbie, however, was having trouble fitting in. He was scared and alone. It reminds me of myself. But he's getting used to it. I take him to the park every weekend. 

Martin comes to meet us here and then, now owning a Mexican restaurant. He says it's better then being a leader. Though i know he only comes to see me. All who were infected know what i did, but remain silent. They're thankful, I know, But I'd prefer them to not give me awed looks and not call me The Key. It's awkward.  

All the MEFYs are closed. Shockingly, i learnt Alex used to work for Bryce. Speaking of him, Lyod gave him the cure, after I insisted on. But he's far from here. In jail. And I'm happy. There's a scar on my stomach which i hate. It always reminds me of then night i got shot. When she looked so worried...

But now, It's fine. I love this change. And i can't help but wonder how the world had ended up like that in the first place? No one knows the answer. But I learnt to accept that.  I learnt to accept my past. 

I'm Home. No one will ever take that away from me.

He signed it off with his name and closed the leather book, smiling as he stroked the cover. 

"Harry?" said a squeaky voice. 

He turned from his chair and saw the intruder standing in front of his room. Robbie. With the toy car in his hands, he said, 

"Mr. Lyod said that we're going to be late for Jaden's football match." 

He smiled, "Alright then let's go." 

He got up, placing the notebook in his study drawer. 

"Harry," Her voice rushed, "Did you do your math assignment?" 

Nickie asked, coming behind Robbie, waving her Math worksheet in the air. 

He shook his head, "Nah." 

"Tomorrows the last day," Her ocean eyes widened, smiling, "Mr. Lawson's going to flip." 

He Laughed, "We all know how much you'll enjoy seeing that!" 

He turned off the lights, closing the door as they all started heading downstairs. Everyone except Nickie. 

He turned, "You coming?" 

She shook her head, moaning, "I need to go and do my home work. Tell Jaden I'm sorry."

"But he said we were all supposed to go!" Robbie whined. 

"Yeah," He frowned, "We can all do it tomorrow. I bet Jaden didn't do his anyway."

Robbie's eyes grew all cute and He smiled,

"Rob, if you convince Nickie to come with us, I'll give you some free ice-cream before dinner."

Robbie's eyes gleamed as he gave a toothy smile, "Please, Please, Please, Nickie! Please!" 

Nickie sighed at Him, "I can't believe you're bribing a kid with ice-cream, Harry!" 

He shrugged, "Come on! You know how much it means to Jaden. He'll be upset when his very own cousin doesn't come to the match." 

"He'll be even more upset when none of us go to the match!" Lyod, appeared with the car keys, scolding them, "I've been waiting for you all for ages! I won't here any Buts or Ifs or anything else. We're late, so get in the car, now, everyone." 

They all ran to the door, Nickie yelled, "I call shotgun!" 

"No fair," Robbie whined, "I called shotgun yesterday!" 

He laughed, sitting in the car, next to Nickie, who lost her front seat because of Robbie. He stared out at the view, smiling. Because he could see the real world through  the window. No fake views or black stickers. Just reality. He was living in reality. 

He's home. And no one will ever take that away from him. 

The car drove on. With all of them in it. 

Glad to know that there is a future. A future with each other.