CHAPTER 18

I groaned,  my eyes crusted together. My whole body was throbbing with pain so much that I couldn't move. I slowly opened my eyes, even that felt like an effort. I groaned a little more, I was sinking in agony. I swallowed to see... well, nothing. Everything was so... dark. Nothing but black. I was in a hollow room with no light whatsoever. One thing I did know was that I was handcuffed to a pole. My arms were behind me, wrapped around the pole and cuffed in an awkward position. I felt the back of my neck cool against the pole, as I let out a heavy breath.  I felt faintly drowsy, as my chest tightened. I squinted my eyes to see through the 'nothing' room. Where the hell was I? Why the hell am I here? 

I try to do something; anything except for sitting there like a retard. But I couldn't unless you count my hopeless wriggling to get free. I felt something sticky on my forehead and realized - with out any surprise - that it was blood. Had to be. I remember getting hit by a man when I was pushed down at the stupid monkey bar. My heart thudded; it was obvious he had taken me somewhere. Where though? 

I think about Nickie. And Jaden, Lyod. Were they looking for me? The last thing I remember was them calling my name. I didn't answer back, did I? Why? What is wrong with me? I start freaking out, suddenly feeling claustrophobic. I felt so trapped and alone. I needed to get the hell out of there. But i couldn't yell. Or scream. My energy somehow drained away from me. 

That's when the door (a door?) opened. Just like that. Barged open. Without an warning or anything. It didn't even open slowly, dramatically, just one push and it opened. The sudden light burned my eyes. I squinted them, to make out a figure standing in front. A man. Not the one who brought me here. If I saw that guy I'd kill him, did I mention? He was less broad, young. Almost as old as Lyod. I couldn't see his face, as he walked up to me. I brought my legs close to me, skeptical of this man, who kidnapped me. 

He stood next to me, staring down. I couldn't see his eyes in the murky room, even when I tried to. My jaw tightened when he knelt down. I felt his stare and suddenly wished that I could meet his gaze. To show that I wasn't afraid of him. That I'll get out, no matter what. 

He let out a soft chuckle, his hand reaching for my face. I wanted to move away but felt frozen. He pressed his fingers - somewhat gently - on my cuts and bruises, as if inspecting them. I flinched, with his touch, my mouth dry. 

"Mark," He called out to 'Mark', "Didn't I tell you I want him in one piece? His face is covered with wounds." 

I frowned at his words, but didn't say anything. This 'Mark' entered the room and I immediately recognized who he was. Him. That jerk who brought me here. Still I kept my mouth shut. Exasperated with everyone. 

"Sorry Boss," Mark muttered, "This boy... he was a tough one to handle."

The man laughed, his eyes turning at me, "I thought so." 

He stared at me again, in the darkness. I felt his gaze so wild that I looked away. Thinking about my plan to escape. Praying for my friends to save me. I hoped they had seen Mark taking me and were on their way. 

"Turn the lights on Mark," The Boss ordered, "We don't want to have a bad impression on our guest, now do we?" 

I scoffed. He already did. 

Mark intently obeyed, rushing to a corner switching on these bright lights. I regretted the idea immediately. When my vision cleared, I finally saw the man sitting in front, with a grin in his brown eyes. 

"Where the hell am I?" I hissed, my voice coming out raspier then ever. 

His eyebrows rose, "Don't you wanna know who I am first?" 

I sneered, "Honestly, I don't care who you are." I tried looking behind him, to see where I was, but his body kept blocking my view.      

"But you should." His tone became serious. 

I ignored him, glaring at Mark who was standing beside him. He lowered his eyes, not staring back. So this brown-eyed guy had more power then him. It looked that way too. 

"Look at me Harry." the boss sighed, annoyed. 

I ignored him. Not shock that he knew my name. It seemed like everyone in the world did, you know? 

"Get these cuffs off of me, right now." I demanded to Mark, staying as calm as possible. 

"Look at me, Harry." the boss repeated. 

"I said, Get. These. Cuffs. Off. Me. Right. Now!" I yelled taking pauses for emphasis. 

I should have looked at the man though, because next thing I know, I got punch on my face -  how many more? I groaned, strands of hair falling on my forehead, stinging my cuts. I tried to shake them off but another fist met my guts this time I let out a cry. What are they doing with me? Suddenly I wished Lyod was here. To take me away from this wrecked place. This wrecked man. 

I swore under my breath, my head lowered. The man lifted my face with his fingers, forcing me to look in his eyes. 

"When I say something," He said, "I mean it to be done by the next minute immediately. I've got a very impatient stamina. Try and keep up with it and you'll be fine, yes?" 

I glared at him, wanting to do something. Anything to show that I didn't agree. That once I get out, I'm gonna make he swallow his own words. 

"Good then," He gave a wide smile like nothing had ever happened and we were having a lovely little tea party. "Now, Harry, ask me what my name is." He rested his hand on my shoulder.

I scowled at him and his hand, even that made my face hurt. Is this man some sort of psycho? What was he trying to prove, exactly? That he's a complete-

"I said," His grip on my shoulder tightened that it started to hurt, "Ask me what my name is." 

"What's your bloody name?" I spat, I had no interest to it. But he was keen on making me know. 

"Now that's rude," He frowned, "I'll let this one go, but be careful for the next time." Taking a pause, Mark still beside him, his arms crossed and a smirk on his face, he began, "My name is Bryce Saige. And I'll be taking care of you from now on."

I plastered a fake smile on my face, "Well, you're doing a very good job at it."

He looked flattered, but it was as fake as my smile, "Why thank you. I'll be sure it stays that way."

Then, slowly he leaned closer, I tried to back away but my head hit the damn pole and I winced. I felt a stung on my neck, like a bee had pierced me. And I realized what he was doing. 

"Don't take this the hard way," He whispered, my eyes drooping all of a sudden, "But no matter what, we can't take you back to Lyod. It's for the best."

I opened my mouth. What has Lyod got to do with anything? Is Lyod one of them? But I felt too tired to speak. So I didn't. I closed my eyes. 

Nickie. Lyod. Jaden. 

I want them here. I want them to come and get me out of this unknown hell.

Is it too much to ask for?