CHAPTER 19

Lyod's P.O.V

Where is he? Where the hell is he? 

I woke up when I heard his scream. I knew he didn't trust me. Not one bit. Not after what I told them in the house. I know I had lied to him in the car but I had to. Mr. Skale told me. And I did whatever he told me to do. He told me Harry was hard to deal with alone. He would react in impossible ways. That's why I told him that his father was murdered. And then, in front of his friends, I told him the truth. So that he wouldn't do anything stupid teenagers do. 

I know he wouldn't like me after that. So I stayed quiet. And when I told them to sleep, I meant it. I didn't tell anyone to keep a look out. If that was what I'd said, then I'd be the one to have done that. Not him. 

And now we were walking. Trying to find him. I could tell his friends were worried. I could tell that they'd prefer me gone, not him. That asthma kid, who fought with him earlier, even he looked eager to find him. I knew who had taken him. Well, I knew two people who could. 

Either it was Martin - that psychopathic infected who's got all the other infected under him. Like a whole new community. Their plan? To make a world with no one who doesn't have the virus. That's their genius plan. Idiots. 

But the other made me more worried. What if Bryce was the one who found him? If it was him then...I'll have a hard time winning. He knows what he's doing. I do too. But he's got his group under him. What've I got? Two teens who I doubt will listen to me.

I needed to find Harry. He needs to be safe. No one's his friend here. And me? I want to help him but he says otherwise. 

"Where the hell are we going?" That asthma boy (I think his name's Jaden?) spat, "Do you even know what we're doing?" 

I sighed, rolling my eyes, "I know better then you, kid." 

He swore under his breath, kicking at dirt. I ignored him, trying to clear my head to think. 

Who's more likely to kidnap Harry? That's obvious Bryce. But... I was sure to stay inconspicuous. Wasn't I? I made sure that he doesn't find out. It couldn't be him. Not yet anyway. Martin was another story. His people, no matter how dumb, were appointed everywhere. In the country. Those idiots chasing us before were his men. I knew that the moment I saw them firing in the air instead at us. Maybe they followed us? Maybe one of them told Martin? That could be an even bigger possibility. It had to be him, alright. 

"I know who took him." I declared, staring at a monkey bar. Blood on one of its pole-thing. 

"Oh really?" Jaden scoffed, "Who is it then Sherlock?" 

"It's Martin." I said, a-matter-of-factly. 

"Like I'm supposed to know who that is!" Jaden snapped. 

I didn't say anything. The girl looking at me with sad expectant eyes. I look at her to answer instead. She hadn't spoken since Harry had disappeared. 

"He's the leader of the infected. They're bound to have him." 

She nods, looking at the blood painted on that swing-thing. 

"Then, let's go get him! What are you waiting for? An invitation?" That Jaden just didn't know when to shut up. 

"It's not that easy." I mutter. "We don't have rotten skin and dumb brains," I look up at Jaden, "Well, I guess you have one of them but what about the rotten skin...?" 

Jaden frowned, "Rotten skin?" 

I look at  the Nickie girl, her eyes finally rose at me, "Umm, kid, You know how to do... makeup?"