CHAPTER 25

Lyod's P.O.V 

"So," Martin clapped his hands together with excitement, "Where's the cure? Will we get it before this virus kills us or not?" 

"It depends on how fast we find Harry." I answered merely. 

Jaden sat on the bench with me, hesitant and curious. Martin could barely sit with excitement. He paced around, all his people staring at him, expectantly. The infected. They were everywhere. Just in case i 'lied'. But what I was telling them was simple, wasn't it? The Central Park was covered because of Martin's army. There were kids, woman and old men and ladies but they didn't seem to care about what I was saying as long as they get the cure. That will stop the virus from rotting them from the inside and outside. But only if we find Harry. 

"What's so special about this Harry you keep on mentioning?" Martin asked, kicking a stone, "He a scientist or something?" 

I shook my head, "It's way complicated then that." 

Martin stopped walking and looked at me, narrowing his eyes, skeptically, "And are you sure you're not lying?' 

I scoffed, "Why would I lie to someone with a whole army ready to charge at me if I do?"

Martin grinned, "One of the advantages to be a leader, my friend."

"Where's Nickie?" Jaden demanded, all of a sudden, "She should be here by now, right?" 

Martin rolled his eyes, shoving his hands in his dusty pants, "You need to chill kid. I said she's on her way. Don't ask me again. I hate repeating myself." 

"But you just did." Jaden gritted his teeth. "Forgot your own rule?" 

"Jaden" I gave him a look of warning, "Don't." 

Martin stepped closer to Jaden who stood up, his fists clenched, "I like you kid," He said, "But I don't even let my favorites get the upper hand. I'll let it go because you have something I want and i don't want to get angry in the matter of business." 

Jaden snarled, "Why don't you just say that you're afraid of fighting huh?" 

I get up. Jaden didn't know but Martin was not someone to fight with. He wouldn't even use his gun but kill the next person who annoys him. 

Martin turned back at his people, everyone snickering and I realized what was coming next. Martin smiled at Jaden before punching him hard on the guts.  Jaden staggered back with the strength, surprised, yelping with pain. 

Martin smirked, shrugging at me, "Your boy started it." 

I sighed, offering Jaden a hand which he accepted. I didn't let go of it when he stood up. I pushed him closer to me, whispering, 

"Didn't i warn you: 'Don't'?" 

He grunted with pain, when hand on his stomach, "Next time, finish your sentence." 

"It's time you start listening to me, kid," I looked at him seriously, "I know what i'm doing. Now sit down and be quiet. I'll do the talking. Or do you want to get killed by them? You only felt one person's punch, think about what will happen if there are a billion more like that one?"

Jaden looked back at the people and Martin, I could tell by Jaden's wince that  Martin was still smirking. But Jaden nodded and sat down, fishing out his inhaler, taking a few deep breaths. 

Martin smiled that wild smile, with a twinkle in his eyes, "Anyway, Warren my buddy, you were saying?"

"What i was saying is that we need your help to find Bryce ." 

 Martin's smile faded, "What do you need that bastard for?" 

I looked at him, trying to get him to understand, "We need him-"

"Jaden!" yelled a voice. 

Jaden got up on his feet, "It's Nickie," He told me even when I already knew, "Nickie!"

And there she was, two infected men gripping her arms, leading her towards us but she still kept pulling away from their grasp, as if it was a trick. Martin nodded at them and the two let go of her. Nickie raced for us, yelling, "Harry's not here, guys! I asked. They don't even know his name." 

"Are you ok, cuz?"  Jaden asked, anxiously. 

Nickie nodded, chewing her chapped lips. "What's happening? Why are we here." 

Martin spoke up, "We're here as my pal Lyod and I have come to a truce. We will let you go and help you find the Harry you keep talking about, as long as you get us the cure."

"Because Bryce has Harry." I turned to Martin, finally announcing to him and his people, "And Harry is the key to the cure."

"Who's Bryce?" Nickie frowned. 

"He's a psycho who wants to control the infected. If he gets the cure, you guys are bound to do what he wants right? Cause he would give you the cure if you do what he says."  I explained. 

"One thing you're forgetting," Martin scowled, "I am their leader. And no one controls any infected unless that's me. And no one rules over me, Got that?" He turned to his people, who yelled in agreement. 

"I know. That's why we need to get Harry. Without him you'll get nothing. He's the key to the cure. Literally." I declared.

Everyone gasps, a little less dramatic as I thought it would be like. They started talking and whispering, probably confused about what I was saying. 

"The key?" Jaden muttered, "What the hell?" 

Nickie stared at me though, in a different way, a suspicious way. I continued to talk, 

"The cure is in a vault. Bryce knows where the vault is. He took Harry because once the vault's systems scan him, the code would break and you'll get the cure. Bryce wants that too. But his intention is bad. He wants to control you all through it. He'll give you the cure if you work for him. With him. He wants to rule you all." 

"How do you know this?" Nickie asked, her arms crossed on her chest. 

"A person always knows everything about his nemesis." I replied. 

"Was Harry your nemesis then?" Nickie demanded, furiously, "How did you know that he was the so-called key?"

I sighed, "It doesn't matter." 

"Well it does," She hissed, "And when we get Harry back, it will matter to him also." 

Martin stared at us with anticipation. Then he started going around his people, asking them to be silent. 

Jaden was the first to figure it out. I actually expected him the last. But he understood something, or was trying to, "Tell me your full name."

"What?" Nickie frowned.

"I said, tell me your full name." He ignored her. 

And i looked at him, impressed but not showing it. It was not the time, "My name is Lyod Warren Saige and I'm Bryce Kevin Saige's twin brother."