CHAPTER 27

Lyod's P.O.V

"And are you sure this safe?" I asked for what seemed like the billionth time.

"Of course not," Martin chuckled, "Ever heard of safe explosions?"

I looked back at Jaden and Nickie, "You two remember, whatever happens, you're not to go inside the building. For everyone's sake don't do that." 

Jaden nodded, not paying much attention, he had a gun in his hands and was grinning ear to ear.

"Try not to get too attached." Martin sniggered. 

He turned to his army all armed and ready, "All right my minions," He snorted at the word, "Who wants to get cured Huh?" And everyone yelled, screamed, hooted and laughed, "Well, here's the plan: We're gonna attack everyone who gets in the way and try to get Lyod, here, to Harry, alright? So... Who's ready?!" 

Everybody screamed a yes, "Then let's get to it!" Martin yelled back, excitedly. 

And they all charged towards the building. 

"Stay there!" I shouted to the pair, who sat in the street, running after the people, Martin throwing an explosive already. 

"Find Harry!" I heard Nickie call back eagerly. 

Well, that's exactly what i'm doing.

Harry's P.O.V

I jumped when I heard a large BOOM in the air. It was faded, but that was only because of the thick walls of the room. I felt shaking below my feet and I get this rush in my adrenaline. What was happening? I was uncontrollably shaking in the cold and I realized I won't make it till tomorrow. I can't. I was so weak. And I kept on blackening out. Was this explosion just me hallucinating? I doubted this could be real. I rubbed my face from time to time to keep me from sleeping. I just didn't want to close my eyes incase I won't be able to open them back again. 

There was another BOOM and this one was louder then before.  I can't hallucinate that real. I started getting up. Something was wrong. But I yelped, my legs shaking so hard that I couldn't stand. I fell on the floor, muttering under my breath, 

"I'll kill you Bryce. Just you wait." I swear under my breath.

There was a loud clank as the door unlocked and opened. There he was. Bryce, standing with a hasty look on his face. A defeated look. He walked up to me, not smiling, 

"Your stupid friends," He said, "They're here."

I wanted to smile but even that took an effort, my breaths heavy I said, "I told you, they'll come for me." 

"And you were right," He sighed, "It's shocking how you're still in this room. Even though you do look like shit." 

"It doesn't matter what you say now, They're here and there's nothing you can do about it." 

He raised an eyebrow, "Is that what you think?" 

The sudden lights were blinding so I put my arm in front, blocking it to see him. There was another explosion and  I could even hear faint gunshots. 

"Do you think you can still win?" I countered, "They're here with-" 

"The infected." He completed, "It's a wonder how he convinced Martin. But then again, he probably bribed them with the cure." He kept talking more to himself then me, snarling he said, "Too bad he won't get it." 

I frowned. Before I could say anything he grabbed me by the arm and lifted me to my feet and started dragging me out to the bright halls. 

"Hey!" I yelled, the lights blaring in my eyes, "Where the hell are you taking me?"