CHAPTER7

What does it feel like to get dragged by a guy with your hair who you had never done anything to? I mean yes you felt pain but what else? Confusion. Anxiety. Yep. That's what you'd feel. It's weird how i had never imagined that this would happen to me. I wasn't that type of guy. I kept low with my profile. Not a bully nor a wimp. I felt a bit annoyed. It's hard to walk with your head bowed and your twisted ankle. It's frustrating that the person won't let you walk up straight. I can complain about that, right? Well, no. 

"Hey, man," i muttered though gritted teeth, "No need to drag me with my hair. I mean I can walk by myself."

Jaden sneered, "I like it this way."

Of course he did. Of course he liked making others suffer. 

Just when i thought I couldn't take it, with my back hunched and my eyes lowered on the floor, I frowned to see the hard marble replace with red soft carpet. We had entered a room but it wasn't one i was familiar to. The carpet was new to me. 

"Where are you taking me?" I breathed, now attempting to break free of his grip. 

"The auditorium. The place you were supposed to meet us." He replied, finally letting go. 

I sighed with relief, stretching my back. My eyes grew to see the room. I bet it was the biggest one in this building. The roof was way at the top, with seats surrounding the whole are. A stage far ahead. I squinted my eyes, trying to focus them on a figure sitting on it. Why the hell was I here again?

Hearing a clicking sound, I spun around, watching Jaden lock the door and shoving some keys in his jeans pocket. Even though I still didn't know the rules of this place, I was pretty sure this kid wasn't supposed to have them. 

"You stole them didn't you?" I glared at him with contempt. 

He gave me a death stare, "What did you say?" He barked. 

"I'm not that dumb to think that you were given these keys." I snarled. 

He balled his fists at me but then burst out laughing, saying, "The way you borrow your books, I borrow keys. Does that answer your question, Blondie?"

"Not one bit." I hissed at him as he chuckled. 

"Well good." giving a long pause, he grabbed me by the arm and, started pushing me towards the stage. Towards that figure. 

"Who in the world is that?" I asked, with horror in my eyes. 

"Oh you don't remember?" Jaden whispered, I felt the smirk on his face, "You will. If we have a closer look, that is."

As we drew closer, the figure grew more... visible. And humanly. It was a girl. She had long chestnut hair and cold blue eyes. My heart thudded as she glared at me, a snarl on her pale face. I knew exactly who she is. Oh I remember. Suddenly I felt like I needed to get the hell out of here. She didn't even look happy to see me. Neither did I...

I was in the library, staring at the books, hoping to find the one that I had wanted to read for months but never had the chance. The third year of me living here was ending. And I planned to start the next with new hope and a book. That's it. 

And that's when I found it. The book I had been looking for. It was right there. On the middle row of a shelf. Taking a breath, I ran to it and placed my hand on it to take it out. My face fell as another hand, a small one, was put on the book as well. I looked at the owner of the hand to see a girl. She was glaring at me, as I stared. 

"Umm, sorry but  this book's mine." I explained, "I promise I'll hand it back to you when I'm finished."

Her eyes narrowed at me with skepticism, and I looked away at the book. She hadn't taken her hand off of it. 

"Back off." she spat, clearly forgetting the rules of the library, "I saw this book first.  No way you're taking it."

I frowned, "That makes no sense whatsoever. I touched the book first and you didn't. Sad life. For you." i was done being Mr. nice-guy. 

That's when she started taking the book out. So I did too. With the book in both of our hands, we pulled for the other to let go. 

"Let go!" She hissed, Her blue eyes blaring at me.

"You let go!" I shot back with an equal stare, "I waited long for this one. And I'm not letting anyone take it."

But she was as determined as me, giving a groan of frustration, she pulled harder. I did the same. I know the gentlemanly thing to do was give it to her but she ain't no lady herself. Anger was bulging out from her. 

Finally I had enough, giving I sigh, I gave a small defeated smile - or at least tried to give one - I said, all sweetly, "Okay, okay. You win." I saw her eyes grew with glee, and I bit back a laugh, "Stop pulling though. You'll rip the book."

Nodding she loosened her grip on the book, and I flashed another smile. 

"Just promise you'll give it to me after you read it?"  I blinked innocently.

She rolled her ocean eyes, muttering, "Whatever." but when she saw the 'serious' expression on my face, she sighed, and blinked her eyes long enough to make me understand that she had agreed. 

"Alright then, take it."

As soon as she let go, to take a firm grip, I swung the book in the air and quickly placed it on top of the shelf, the very top, where only I could reach, if I stood on my toes. 

She yelled in shock realizing what I had done, "What the hell!"

I smirked, smugly, "Sorry, promise you can have it after."

With that I ran to the other side of the shelf and grabbed the book from the top. Running to the counter, i laughed to hear her let out a cry of frustration.  

Back then, I thought it wasn't a big deal. I mean it was just a stupid book. But the look in her eyes showed that it was a big deal to her. The only thing I could think to defend myself was that it was just a stupid book. But it was obvious that she didn't want to hear any of that...