CHAPTER 23

Lyod's P.O.V

He stared at me, his eyes a mix feeling of seriousness and amusement. He called me an arch-nemesis. I call him... Nothing. Because I don't care who or what he is. I don't even know his sur name. He calls himself Martin. That's it. And for me, he's just, annoying. I mean sure, his plans had been so deathly or whatever but a man like him? He didn't look like someone who'd destroy man-kind. He just... I can't even explain it. But now that he's standing in front of me, I have second thoughts. Because this time, he's got the upper hand. This time he was two steps ahead of me. Me. Someone who captured so many of his people. Defusing many of his unnecessarily complicated bombs. And other billions of plots. 

I was so taken aback, now. He was looking at me with his grey eyes, happy. That he got his six people around us, a teenager and a unarmed man. Even though it was pethatic, I didn't say anything. He won. 

"I never really tasted sweet victory," He grinned, his teeth still white, unlike the rest of his skin. "And now, when I do, I find it..."  He tilted his face, thinking for the right word. 

"Sweet?" Jaden rolled his eyes. 

He stared at Martin. I could see his anger and fear, the way his veins kept bulging out of his body. Probably wondering the same thing I was, Where is Nickie? 

Martin narrowed his eyes at Jaden, annoyed that he had stolen his 'moment', "Yes. Sweet. That's exactly what i was about to say." 

Jaden scoffed, "I have had enough. Where's my cousin? Tell me or-" 

"Or what?" Martin demanded, sweat dripping from his tan skin, but it's not from fear or nervousness. It was because he turned of the bloody air-conditioners in the Rainbow Room. This was meant to be 'torture', according to him. Which was also torturing him. 

Jaden opened his mouth to speak but I stopped him, giving him a warning stare. 

Martin snickered, "Looks like your Pa wants you to remember your manners, kid. Don't be rude to your elders, now." 

Jaden glared at me, and I knew he didn't wanted me to stop him. Turning back to Martin, who had ordered a can of root beer for himself, gulping it down as he sat on that huge sofa, making it look like he was sitting on a throne. 

"He's not my dad, nut-hole." Jaden snapped, "And I don't need anyone to stop me from talking!" 

Martin's smile broadened, like he was enjoying this, of course he was. 

"Fine, then. If that is the case, why don't you finish what you were saying before?"

He just wouldn't let go of anything. 

"Why don't i come over and show it to you instead?!" Jaden growled, already marching towards him when a swarm of hands grabbed him and dragged him back to where he had been standing. I stared at Martin who threw back his head and laughed in a cocky way. 

"Funny how you think you'll take me down when you clearly lost!" He barked. 

Finally meeting my stare he said, "Ahh, my friend. You haven't talked since you lost. Now that I won, you ain't giving me a silent treatment are ya? Care to congratulate me?" 

I don't reply but looked at Jaden who kept mumbling something about how he was supposed to keep Nickie safe. I ignored him, and I think he was doing the exact same thing to me. I crossed my arms tightly across my chest. That was all I could do. 

"Come on, congratulate me! What? I ain't deserving enough?" He wriggled his eyebrows, waiting for me to burst. To react. But I didn't let myself do that.