CHAPTER 4

After a little thinking, I was standing in front of the office, two hours before my meeting with Alex. And yes. It was stupid of me. You might think me a coward to not face that Jaden guy. But this isn't really a movie in which the hero can fend for himself. This isn't a joke. And if you ask me, I wasn't in a mood to get bruises and blood on my face. If that was the case.

Tapping frustratedly at the floor with my foot, I groaned, staring at the clock hung on the wall. The time was going slower then anything I had possibly imagined in my 15 years. I rubbed my face, trying to distract my attention to something else. Like the young secretary glaring at me from behind her round glasses.

"What?" I frowned at her with annoyance. As if I didn't have enough glares thrown at me for one day. 

She quickly lowered her gaze, muttering under her breath. 

"What did I do?" I demanded, burst of energy hitting me in the face. 

"You shouldn't be here until after eleven!" she barked, her glasses bobbing up and down from her nose. 

"So?" 

"It's nine!" she yelled. 

Either she had always been like this or was just having a bad day.

Still, I rolled my eyes, "Can't you tell Alex that i came in early?"

She shook her head firmly, "Miss Alexandra Lynn is busy at the moment."

I scoffed, "I doubt that."

I noticed her body shook with anger, behing her small desk. 

She was about to shout at any moment, and I didn't help to lessen it, "You know, you're looking like a tomato right now. As red and fat as one."

She rose from her chair, pointing at the door with her index finger, thundering, "Get out this instant, Harry! Get out now!"

"But-" I started to protest, trying to bite back  the smile my lips kept trembling in but now she was heading at my direction. 

I couldnt help but grin to see her hair sticking in every direction, her glasses hardly balancing on her nose. Raising my hands, palms out I tried to gesture an amends but it was obvious that she didn't care. I ran out of the door, hearing her swear several times. 

"Call me when she's not busy, which i'm certain she is." I called but only got a muffled yell in return.

I slowed my pace, a small smile on my face to see the halls completely empty with only a few kids walking past. it was probably a studying hour. 

Shrugging to myself, I decided not  to go back to my room and discover things a little. These three years had been so tough that I had forgotten what fun was like. Library and room, Library and room. That was how my routine had been like. Depressing. But Alex's note had given me a little hope. A little chance that there might be some good news to give. 

After a little thinking, I went up to the first room I could guess had some excitement in it: the movie room. Why do they even have it?

My eyes widened to realize that these things still existed. Then, frowning at the thought, I hit my forehead lightly. Duh these things existed! It hasn't been three centuries since the virus. Barely three years. 

But my heart sunk slightly to notice that the movie were years old. As if the life of movies had ended because of the damn curse on the world. That actually explained why everyone was just talking to each other and not paying attention to the Captain America fighting - desperately - to defend himself from  a villain. Why would they focus on such fantasy anyway? It's not like this dude could punch the virus a few times and like destroy it. That can't happen but I wished that it could. 

sighing i sat down on one of the sofas, the only one actually focusing on the movie. the energy that had been rushing in my body had suddenly disappeared...