38. Logan

I was expecting her to runaway.

So why is seeing her rush up the stairs like a stab to my heart?

One of the maid hurries to clean up the mess I made when I launched myself at Constance. "You shouldn't have hit him" Elon says nonchalantly as he pours us both a drink, bringing it over to me.

"I think what you mean to say is, I should've hit him more, probably break one of his arms" I state, my knuckles still pulsing from the impact.

"In about ten minutes you'll get a call from mother"

"Well, I got him out of jail, she can deal with a black eye" I light another cigarette before accepting the glass of whiskey.

"Did she suspect anything?" I ask him quietly.

"That you asked me to stay with her? Of course, she knew that the minute she saw me" He smiles. Why did I think I could trust him with this?

"I asked you to stay with her and you decided it's okay to go out. It could've ended badly" I tell him. He has no idea what I went through when I came back to an empty house and to know that they had left without any security. If they had not returned in that moment I'd have lost my shit.

"I was there with her, she looked miserable sitting at home" Elon fights back but I barely hear him as the lights go out, moving my attention to what's happening. I always had a plan in mind for these kind of situations. The emergency generators should have been on by now, which only means someone did this.

Does that mean they're inside the house?

"Check the power house and be careful" I order Elon, plucking my gun from its holster.

Next thing I know, there's gun shots outside. Taking cover I peep out the window but all I can see pitch darkness. My phone buzzes and I put it to my ear, "We're under attack! It's Malcom Lively's men!" Josh yells between firing shots.

My mind races to why he'd choose to attack me. He didn't have enough men to win over us, so why? This is a suicide mission and the old man knows better. After all, he's worked with my father for years, probably the longest than any other of his allies. Then it occurs to me.

"It's a fucking distraction!" I seethe as Malcom's motive becomes clear to me.

As if that weren't enough of a warning, I hear Elle's scream. It drifts through the house for just a second before drowning out but I still catch it. In a matter of seconds I race up the stairs, not giving a fuck that someone might be waiting there for me.

For all I know, it could've been a trap but it didn't matter, she needs me. The words echo in my head as I kick the door to my bedroom, the gun in my hand pointing to whatever is on the other side. The lights come back the exact same time and I swear, I've never felt such deep rage ever in my life.

I fire four shots at the floor, right where the broken lamp lay as I realize she's gone. He fucking took her from my own house. Resentment filled me as I let that fact settle into my system and I let out a frustrated growl.

The disheveled state of the carpet and the crumpled sheets was enough of a sign to show she had struggled. I would actually be surprised if she hadn't. The stains of blood on the floor catches my eye.

Those fucking bastards!

"Logan?" I can barely hear Elon behind me as I push past him.

I march down the stairs as the sounds from outside the house fade away. Josh walks through the main door along with Doyle and few other men. "Do you want us to follow them?" Doyle questions and I shake my head.

We could catch up to them and take her back before they reach their boss. That should've been my first plan of action, get her to safety, but I didn't trust myself to spare even a single life to find out where Malcom Lively has been hiding. If that were to happen, I'll never catch him again. This is my chance to bring him down for the good and I need to make sure I don't screw this up.

"What's the damage?" I inquire, making my way to the cabinet on the far end of the living room. "We didn't loose any men, probably fifteen injured. They didn't look like they wanted to go for the kill" He responds.

I knew they didn't go for the kill because he didn't have the power or the men to do that. "Elon, call father, tell him I need more men. Josh, use the gps tracker you put on her ring, find her " Josh nods, rushing away.

"Do we need more men? We can handle them, get Elle back" Elon speaks, shuffling on his feet. I unlock the cabinet, pulling out all the guns I had stored away.

He's right, I didn't need more men to bring Elle back, but that wasn't my only focus tonight. I'm going to kill Malcom Lively and each every person who has helped him in this plan.

"This ends tonight, ask father's men to meet us at the location" I order again, this time Elon complies.

Half hour later, we're all gathered at an abandoned junkyard. I could already see some men with guns standing guard at the fences. "We're going to use his own strategy against him" I declare, readying my guns.

"Josh, you're going to lead the men. Attack, kill each and every piece of shit that stands in your way. Elon and I are going to go get Elle in the mean time" I instruct, Josh nods as he directs everyone to attack.

Elon and I wait until we've got the perfect distraction and we're certain that most of his men are on the front line fighting. Two goals become very clear in my head as we make our way to the tiny office at the back of the yard.

Find Elle.
Kill Malcom Lively.

A/N:

Please vote, comment & share!

The final chapter to this book will be available tomorrow!

I hope you have enjoyed my first story so far!

Thank you for reading <3