23. Elle

"Where have you been? Damian called me saying you've gone on a vacation" I cannot even explain the thrill I get from hearing Vic's voice.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to disappear like that and worry you guys. How have you been?" Going against my instincts I decided not to spill out the truth to my brother.

"Are you sure you're okay? I can come down this weekend"

"No need, you focus on your studies and make sure that tuition I'm paying isn't going to waste" I try to sound cheerful as if the last few days had not really happened. Walking around my new prison cell, I watch Lara as she neatly puts away my clothes in Logan's closet.

"Fine, but only if you promise on not disappearing again and keep calling me" I smile at his worried tone.

"Promise"

"I have to get back to class now. Call you tomorrow?" I wish I could talk to him longer. I wish I could see him right now.

"Okay, love you"

I can't imagine what's it going to be like being married to Logan or how the hell am I going to spend the night in the same room as him. Especially when I can't seem to think straight when I'm around him. I blame his looks and the way his eyes always seem to see straight through me but who am I kidding? I want him and every time his skin touches me, all my sense of reality comes crashing down.

I needed to get away from here so I could spend some time on my own but the question is, how? I don't have my car and there's no way I'm going back to Logan to ask for help. This time I might end up actually having sex with him. Nope! Can't do that!

My fingers quickly glide across the screen as I text Damian. He must be cussing at me right now but he's the only one who can get me out.

———————————————————————————

                'Need your help! Can you come get me?'

'Not unless you tell me
What the fuck is up with you"

                'Pick me up and we can talk in person?'

'Fine.
What's the address?'
———————————————————————————

I quickly share my location with him and head for the closet, grabbing the first piece of coat and a handbag. I tip toe my way down to the main entrance, hoping Logan would be cooped up in his office for the rest of the afternoon and won't notice I'm gone.

The horror of what would've happened between us if it weren't for his mother, haunted me every time I thought about him and so I decided to avoid him for now. But as usual things do not go as I plan and Damian pings me that the security won't let him through the gates.

"You wanna tell me who's at my gates?" My soul almost jumps out of my skin as I hear his voice. Logan stands behind me with one of his men next to him, along with the woman, who throws a frown in my direction.

"It's Damian. Can you let him through? He's helping me grab some things from my apartment" I give him a weak smile, hoping he'll agree. Although he looks pissed and unconvinced, he'd nods his head and the man next to him pulls out his phone.

"He's good"

"Thank you, I'll see you later" I turn on my feet as I hear the engine of a car outside. "I hope you remember we're having dinner at my parents" I don't even bother looking at him as I hurry the hell out.