11. Logan

Never in my life have I been kept so much on my toes, and the fact that all this ruckus inside my chest is caused by a woman infuriates me. I saw her the minute she strode out of the house and my first thought was she's about to run. I felt stupid for leaving her door unlocked, it was a mistake I knew I wouldn't be making again. I took a chance, went against my father's rule and now I was going to pay the price for it. No, she would be the one paying up.

No one made me look like a fool. Not even her. I won't allow it, so when my phone buzzed and Josh asked me for my orders, I had a decision to make. Killing her should've been my obvious response but the sudden jab in my heart made sure the words didn't slip out my mouth. Damn her for putting me in this situation.

Going against my instincts I was about to command my most trusted security personnel to shoot her. After all I had warned her and she chose to be ignorant, she either thought I was joking or she didn't care if she died here.

When she stopped in her tracks right there in the middle of the yard, the biggest wave of relief washed over me. However, that was short lived because the moment she turned around I knew something was wrong. She looked pale almost to the point that I wouldn't have recognized her if it wasn't for the jacket I gave her last night. It looked as if the clothing was draped over a skinny hanger.

Was it just me or she lost weight in the last five days?

Elon caught my eye next and I asked Josh to be on standby. I couldn't make out the whole conversation but it appeared that he was trying to calm her. Even from the distance between us I'd clearly see the distraught on her face.

That was the first time I felt genuine concern for someone other than my own blood. It was strange and although I didn't like the feeling, I knew that emotion had already built a tiny home in my chest. What got me all strung up was the fact that she let him touch her. It was a simple contact, innocent even but that didn't matter because as I snapped the phone call I could tell jealously was filling me up.

And now I'm fucking drawing a bath for her! I've have never ever done that before. I must be going out of my fucking mind! Elle enters the bathroom, somehow managing to wipe off the distress from her face and replacing it with a sharp you-owe-me-some-fucking-answers look.

Only I didn't owe her anything. "Get in" I state, eyeing her from head toe, her hair is a mess and she's still wearing the white shirt that's all crumpled up from her sleep. My gaze goes down her defined legs to her bare feet that are covered in mud, blood oozed from the fresh blisters that covered her sole, some of them had twigs embedded in them.

I wondered what really went on in her head that she was in such a hurry to leave. And what did Elon say to her because by now I was certain about one thing, this woman is as stubborn as they come . She's the kind that'd make you sell your soul to the devil just so she could have things her way. So how the fuck did my brother convince her?

"What happened out there?" I ask, curiosity taking the best of me. For a split second I catch her off guard, she looked so vulnerable but she shut it out quickly. "Oh hell no, this is not part of the deal. How long have you sick psychopaths been planning this?" She crosses her arms, thrusting her hips to the side, foot tapping the beige marble flooring.

Lord, have mercy on me!

"This isn't part of the deal either" I state, I was going to make her obey me. She looks at me like she's about to punch me in the face and the woman can definitely throw a punch. I've come to learn that from our first encounter and for once I was thankful I wasn't standing anywhere close to her. "The fuck does that mean? You said you'd answer my questions if I came with you" She yells when she realizes she can't hit me.

"I said I'd consider answering your questions. Now get in" I will be honest and admit that I'm not a very patient man, it has always been and probably will always be my weakness and this  freaking human was pushing me to my limit.

"But you gave your word" She stomps her foot in frustration and all my anger disappears at how comical she looks.

"And I also said get in the bath but here you are standing in front of me. Fully clothed" I eye her, already knowing this isn't over yet. To my utter surprise she begins stripping out of her clothes, her eyes holding me captive that even if I wanted to I couldn't take a peek at what holds below. That's some kind of superhuman power she owned.

"Just for the record, I'm not some whore that you can order to undress whenever it pleases you" Her voice is venomous like she literally hates my guts.

"No you're not a whore but I will order you to undress for me whenever it pleases me and you will comply" It's taking all my self-control to not pounce on her right now. No, that'll scare her off and I won't ever have her after that.

"Fuck you"

"I'd rather fuck you" My honesty caught her by surprise and I do not miss the hot flash of embarrassment that paints her cheeks in shades of pink. My cock comes to attention just by looking at her flushed face. How the fuck is that even possible? I offer her my hand and once again she surprises me by accepting it. I try to give her room by looking out the window to my left while she settles in, when I turn back she's covered up to her tits by a layer of bubbles. She looked deliciously tempting and I had to shove my hands in my suit pockets to stop me from reaching out to her.

"Are you just going to stand there?" She sinks in deeper so the water level goes up to her neck.

"Is that an invitation?" I raise a brow and her green eyes go wide.

"That's not what I meant" Another blush graces her face.

She needs to stop doing that.

"I hope you know I haven't gotten all day, pick three of your best questions"

I'm usually never late for meetings and I'm sure as hell not going to let that change because of her. For a second I think she didn't hear me, she has her eyes shut as she enjoys the warm water. When she opens them again, all the nonsense is gone and I knew I might have made a mistake offering this deal to her.
.
.
.
A/N:

Am I the only one who loves it when these two bicker?

Elle ain't got one clue to what she's doing to poor Logan ;P

Please comment, share & vote!

Thank you for reading:)