31. Elle

I don't exactly remember at what point of our journey did I begin falling in and out of sleep. It was really late in the night and I was dead tired. Even if I tried I couldn't keep my eyes from shutting. I could only imagine how in the world Josh and Doyle are still up.

I wondered if Logan was awake and if he knew I was on my way back. Of course, he knew, I don't think my bodyguards were capable of pulling this off without his knowledge. The lure of Logan got me to a point where I felt like I was making things up in my head. For example, I could smell the ashy, forest cologne of his, mixed with just a tad bit of sandalwood and I allow myself to be enveloped by it.

When I open my eyes, I find myself back home, surrounded by smooth, grey, silk sheets. I scan the dimly lit room, already knowing that he's not here. My need to see him got the best of me and I found myself getting out of bed in search for him although I knew exactly where he would be.

I could hear his muffled voice on the other side of the door and I'm curious to know if he's alone. My hand rests on the round knob, maybe I should let him be. It's not like I had anything to say to him, I just wanted to see his face. Suddenly my decision to come looking for him seemed stupid and I turn around to leave before I disturb him. He's probably busy, like how he always is and doesn't want company.

An arm grabs me before I'd take another step, pulling me inside his office. Logan turns me so we both can face each other, the little shadows underneath his eyes and the deep lines on his forehead concerned me. If he weren't clutching the phone to his ear, I'd have asked him what was bothering him.

"I'm not saving his ass every time he fucks up, I think he should bear the consequences of his doings" He growls into the mouthpiece.

"But he's your brother, you have to help him" Came a distorted voice that obviously belongs to his mom.

"You don't even know what he did"

"Because none of you'll are telling me!"

I try to wiggle out of his hold but he doesn't let me. "I can hear everything, I'll come back later" I try to whisper as quietly as I can. It feels wrong to be present here while he's having a conversation with his mother on a matter that seems too personal. However, Logan doesn't budge, instead he pulls me to his desk and makes me sit in his chair.

"It's better if you don't know mom, you've always tried to ignore the fact that he's dangerous. You know what he's capable of yet if we tell you what he's done, you won't believe us" His gaze is stuck on me while I sit there awkwardly not knowing what to do.

"You're just going to leave him like that?"

Logan remains silent for what seems like forever and I avert my eyes to the two screens in front of me. One a regular desktop and the other showed a bunch of security cameras, the one currently open was from right outside his office. He'd been watching me standing there as I reasoned with myself.

"Get some sleep mom, I'll see what I can do" He finally breathed above me.

"Everything alright? You seem—tense?" I ask with hesitation, not sure if he even wants to talk. Surprisingly, his lips move to form a small smile, one that has slowly started to melt me.

"Tense? That's hardly what I feel right now" He leans against the desk.

"Were you watching me walk around the house?" I know it's a stupid and pointless question but I'm still not sure if he wants to talk to to me, let alone discuss his family issues.

"Why were you going back?" He turns his neck to look at the screen.

"I realized I had nothing important to say" I admit.