18. Elle

I don't know what wakes me up first, the smell of bacon and eggs or the buzzing pain in my head. As I roll around in bed, with my eyes still shut, I realize how naked I am. The silk sheets feeling nothing less than pure luxury.

Strange.

I never go to bed naked unless I'm super hot which usually happens when I'm drunk as fuck. But from what I remember I was no where close to alcohol last night.

Wait, what the fuck happened last night?

Before I can kick start my brain and go over the things that happened yesterday, there's a knock on the door and I don't bother answering it but when I hear bare footsteps pad across the room followed by Logan's gruff voice, "Thank you, Lara", I snap my eyes open. Thankfully, I have the sheets covering my face because I'm in no mood to face him right now. Especially when I'm naked in bed, which brings me back to my initial question.

What happened last night? Why the fuck am I naked? And why the fuck is he here right now? I'm forcing my brain to remember yesterday but all that's giving me is a headache.

"I know you're awake, get up so we can talk" I flinch at his voice, I really wished he'd leave me alone but I don't think that's going to happen now. Maybe he can help me remember. With that thought I pull the sheets off my face and get up, careful to not expose myself to the man. The scene in front of me however, confuses me further. I'm not in my usual room, and Logan is sitting at the breakfast table in just his jeans. Although a tempting picture, I snap my head to important questions.

"Where am I? Why am I naked? And where the hell is your shirt?" I ask all at once, Logan pauses halfway eating his toast and turns to look at me. He eyes me for two whole minutes, trying to figure out how to respond obviously. In the end he gives up and takes one bite, his gaze dropping down to my chest as he chews slowly. "How much of yesterday do you remember?" He questions, brows knitted together, eyes back on my face.

He looks wicked hot with his messy hair and his shirtless body is doing a darn good job of distracting me. The man is literally all muscles and every inch of his tan skin is begging me to run my hands over it. Stop!

"Elon, he was taking me somewhere shady. They put me in a car. I tried to resist and that fucking asshole who works for you knocked me out" I burst out in anger, clenching at the sheets near my chest.

Logan's lips curve up. Is that a fucking smile? "Well you're in for some big surprises this morning, Mrs McKenzie" I freeze in my spot as the horror of that word scared the shit out of me. No! "What did you just call me?" I ask, praying that maybe I heard him wrong but the look on his face told me otherwise. "We got married last night" He states, going back to his toast.

What?

"There's no way in hell I'd marry you, even if my life depended on it" I seethe. He's joking with me. Right?  I mean I couldn't have and even if I did I would have some memory of it. "Only you did" He says it so nonchalantly that I start to question myself.

"I don't believe you" I speak finally, to which he wipes his mouth and tosses the napkin in his seat as he gets up.

I watch him walk flawlessly around the room as he disappears into what I assume to be the closet, when he returns he's holding a document and hands it to me. I take it with one hand, sweat forming at my temples as I read the certificate of marriage with our signatures at the bottom. Mine is a shabby version but it definitely belongs to me.

"You tricked me into this" I fight the anger bubbling inside me as I get out of bed, holding the sheets close to me as I shove the papers into his hard chest.