26. Logan

"Honestly Logan, looks aside, she's the daughter of a traitor. I'm surprised Brandon even allowed for this to happen" Tom Ferguson commented, as he rested his elbow against the bar.

After mesmerizing the whole crowd with her music, Elle just took off without saying a word and slowly the party got separated into two groups. The men moved to the bar and spoke about things like business or politics, my gut told me it had everything to do with the appearance of my father. He wasn't much of a party person as anyone could tell but he never said 'no' to gatherings with his fellow colleagues.

While the women stayed in the same room as us, they seemed to keep to themselves, talking and laughing at whatever they found amusing to them. I looked around the living area, searching for a specific brunette. As much as I wanted to go after her, my instincts told me otherwise but it has been quite a while since I last saw her. Did she decide to leave? She couldn't have, she has no means to get out of here unless she decided to take my car. That's impossible! Someone would've informed me by now.

"Say, why did you marry her? Taking that big of a risk, treachery runs in her blood" Came a question.

"If I were you I'd get rid of her as soon as possible" I finally dragged my eyes back to Tom and his scrawny form. He looked miserable yet I felt like punching him in the face.

"Did I threaten to kill you, when your nephew decided to go rat us out to the police?" I ask him lazily, his eyes go wide as he shakes his head. All of a sudden I am regretting not finishing him off when I had the chance.

"Exactly. I don't hold people accountable for others doings. Malcom Lively will pay for the damage he has caused but his daughter has got nothing to do with it. Are we clear?" I glare at him to the point that he can't bring words to his mouth.

I leave him standing there, gaping at me like I just snatched his favourite ice cream away from him. I'm about to head out to the front yard when I spot Elon. 

"I see you finally made it"

"Wouldn't have missed it for the world. By the way, where is your wife? Did she realize that she made the biggest mistake of her life?" He glances at me, arms wrapped around the two women by his side.

"Why are you being a dick? You were only interested in her body, you can get that replaced anywhere" I make an obvious remark at the women next to him but they were too dense or probably too drunk to take a hint.

"And you're truly interested in her wellbeing? Tell me you aren't fucking her every night" He retorts.

"It has been one fucking day since we got married, calm the fuck down" I groaned as I stormed out of the house. Everyone needs to back the fuck down with this arrangement. Why is every person in the world interested in my life in the first place is beyond me. Outside the night is pleasantly quiet outside, and cold, which makes me wonder where the hell did that woman go?

I put a cigar in my mouth and light it before drawing out my phone. "You fucking told mom about it, like a bloody four year old" I took a puff, followed by a sip of my scotch.

"Well someone had to tell her" Elon grumbles as he stands next to me, alone this time, I guess those women had some self respect after all.

"Jesus Christ, Elon"

"It was her fucking choice, can you let go of that already? I need you next to me with our work and I can't be bothered about this" I give up and take a deep breath.

Seconds pass by before he replies, "Fine"

I offer him a cigar and he accepts it. "Where is she anyway?" He continues and as if she had been spying on us all this time, I find her walking towards us, barefooted, her stilettos dangling from her hand by her side.