13. Logan

This is probably the first time I am so distracted while carrying out business. I'm four hours away from home and yet the woman has managed to claw her way into my brain. Only she is capable of doing that. I allow myself a small smile just because I'm aware of the fact that I'm all by myself.  I had no plans on getting close to her yet she's been drawing me in, in a way no one else ever has. And I'm not sure if this is going to become a problem. At least not yet.

This morning I made a promise and although I find it stupid right now, somewhere deep down I knew I meant it, I'd never hurt her. I just needed to find a way to keep my family the fuck away from her. I watch the ships docked at Belfast, carrying precious steel and the person who owned them. If this trip goes according to my plan, we'll be partnering with one of the biggest names in the steel industry. And I'll be one step closer to shifting our business away from things that'll probably get us all behind bars.

That is if my father hasn't already bought out the cops. I watch the silver haired man, stalk down his ship dressed in a pinstriped suit. Two of his security men follow behind wearing all black and keeping a close step to their boss. "Mr McKenzie, my apologies for being last minute" The old man extends his arm.

"Not a problem, Mr Costello" I shake his hand. We head straight to the hotel, avoiding any business conversations during the car ride. I always preferred having those talk within four sturdy walls. Especially when I'm trying to go behind my father's back.

Once at the hotel penthouse, I pour us my finest vintage whiskey that I had asked the hotel to arrange. John Costello sits in the office going over my proposal, page by page he reads every single word printed over them. Outlining what he doesn't agree to in a coarse handwriting.

John's a man of few words but that doesn't mean he's going to just let me have his product. The way he's putting the proposal through the microscopic lens of his glasses, I can certainly tell why he's good at what he does. And I look forward to working with a man like this, no bullshit attached.

If I were to be a prisoner to your hell forever, would you hurt me?

This isn't the time to be thinking about her but it's not like I have a lot to do at the moment as I wait. I take note of how every time I'm idle my thoughts just voluntarily go to her. I must've been out of my mind making that promise. Any day now my father will walk into the house, wanting to sell her off. I can't even begin to imagine the kind of things those men would make her do. Just thinking about another man being close to her bothered me, let alone touching her.

I grab on to the edge of the desk, my knuckles turning white with the sheer pressure.

I plan on buying her at the auction.

No. I can't let that happen, Elon hasn't spent more than five minutes with her. He doesn't have the slightest clue of what she's capable of. I'm almost certain that she won't be willing to be with him. Or would she? Because of the fact that he bought her and saved her from whatever monster that was willing to pay a large amount for that body.

There is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that she'll go off for anything below a million. Is my brother willing to compete with that kind of money for a girl?

Maybe. I mean he does give his escorts a hefty cheque, this would be an investment for him. Having her at his disposal at any time of the day or night. No, can't let that happen.

"Here you go, if you agree to all these, I'd consider you" I'm thankful to John for pulling me out of my thoughts or I might've just gone insane. He pushes the stack of paper across the table, leaning back in the chair with a smug look of his face. "Consider? What more would you like for me to do?" I raise a brow.

I have already tried to be as giving as I possibly could. "It's not about what you can do. It's about reputation and I don't want mine to be anywhere close to what you're family is doing" His hand goes up to his chin as he strokes his beard. Bullshit. That's not the real reason.

"Care to tell me why you invited me here then? You must want something from me, something that only I have to offer" I gritted my teeth. I was wrong to think that he'd just want to do business with me, there's always a catch.

John takes a sip from his glass, a sudden gleam taking over his eyes. "You got that spot on, Mr McKenzie" I wanted him to stop beating around the bush and get to the point but something inside was telling me this isn't going to be as easy as I had expected it to be.

"Malcolm Lively, I want his daughter and rumour has  it you have her" I clench the glass in my hand at the fact that he wants something which belongs to me. Although I hardly have her myself but that besides the point. "Why do you want her?" I get to important question, to which his face lights up like he was suspicious of what he heard and I just confirmed it for him. Fuck.

"That's got nothing to do with you" He brushes it off and it only helped tick me off. "It's got everything to do with me, tell me your reason and maybe I'll hand her off. She's trouble anyways" My voice is gruff and I don't know if I did a good job at pretending that I didn't give a damn because I did. John shifts in his seat, unconvinced. "Call it bad blood and she's going to be the settlement" Is all he says as he rises, straightening his coat.

"We have a deal if you give her up and agree to the other changes in the contract" Yeah, right. I'm almost convinced that if I were to give the woman away and not adhere to his other demands, which I haven't even looked at yet, he'll still go ahead with this deal. This made things much worse. I stare at the empty spot in front of me, where John sat, Elle's deep green eyes are forever going to haunt me if I give her away for my benefit. But I would be stupid to let this slip by.

No, I've waited for too long to let a woman ruin it all up.

I throw the glass aimlessly against the wall as I feel rage building up inside me, I had a bloody hard decision to make.
.
.
.
A/N:

New character! But what does he want to do with Elle?

What is Logan going to do? Give up Elle and break the promise he made to her? Or give up on everything he's been working for?

Please comment, vote and share!!

Thank you for reading!