4. Elle

The next time I open my eyes I'm tucked in bed, surrounded in a pool of white silk. I stare out of the window positioned in front of the bed, it's still dark outside, reminding me that I fell unconscious and not asleep.

Pushing the heavy duvet from above me I get out of bed, pacing around, thinking. I have no clue of what happened this evening, nothing good came out of it, that's for sure. I wonder if anyone has noticed my absence yet, it's not like I have someone waiting for me to get home. Someone who'd be worried for me. The thought made me feel bitter as loneliness filled every inch of me but I didn't have time for self-pity. I tried to focus my thoughts on the current situation.

If these people abducted me for ransom, will my father pay them off? I haven't seen him in a year, does he even remember his children?

I don't want to believe anything those men told me today but is there even a slightest chance that it could be true? No it can't be, my father is many things but not a killer. I felt the build-up of another migraine and I wasn't ready for it yet. Pushing myself forward I walk to what I assumed to be the bathroom. Turning on the lights, I rummage through the vanity for any kind of painkillers. To my disappointment I find nothing, expect for a toothbrush, toothpaste.

I move over to elegant bath with gold plated claws at its feet. Next to it nestled a bundle of bath products, neatly arranged in a glass tray.  I walk back to the room, feeling defeated. My head throbs again as I blame myself for being in this spot, trapped and no idea what's going to happen next. My feet can no longer hold my weight and I let go of everything as I crumble down on the cream carpet. Hugging myself, I let the tears flow down as I softly cried.

I don't know how long I sat there for, the sun came up probably an hour ago, my eyes felt dry and I probably looked like an utter mess. My head cocked up the minute I heard the door unlock, Logan entered with the calmest expression. His golden eyes watched me, then flickered to the bed.

"Let's go, it's time for breakfast" He says curtly, well I'm not obeying him. "I'm not hungry" I surprise myself by how angry I sound.

The way his eyes widen shows he's in awe too but manages to conceal it quickly. "Did it look like I asked you? You're coming with me. Get up" He didn't have to raise his voice to show his authority, it was that natural to him. I could almost bet that he got his way every single time but not with me. I wouldn't let him win so easily. "No" that one word was enough to flare his emotion.

"What did you say?" He questions as if he were granting me one more chance. Well, fuck him! With new found strength I bring myself to get up, hands balling at my sides, wanting to punch him. "I said I'm not going so get the hell out of here" I yell so that he hears me clearly.

He doesn't say a word as he walks towards me, his face resembles nothing but pure anger and frustration. "I don't like hurting women, especially beautiful ones like yourself but you have to be so damn difficult" He grabs me by the throat, the same way he did yesterday, his fingers open up a gate that bring back pain. For a moment I'm glad, maybe if I pass out again he'll leave me alone but I was somehow convinced that this time he wasn't going to stop at that.

My eyes blinked rapidly as it became harder to breathe and I weakly tapped him on his arm. He let go immediately but his arms came around my waist to keep me from falling. While I was distracted trying to redeem myself, he took the chance to trail his cool fingers along my neck. There was no affection in his touch, more like he was admiring the red marks he left there.

"You're an asshole" I mutter under his hold. I regretted it immediately though because I saw the flicker of rage in his eyes and I expected him to hit me but he managed to put the thought aside.