Betrayal (Tina Centered With Goldycorn?)

Okay, this may look like Dragons at first, but it is actually a future Daycare AU. Please enjoy!!!

The thing about betrayal is how it never comes from your enemies.

You have to trust someone with your whole being to be betrayed.

You can't see a betrayal coming. That's why it is a betrayal, after all. If you don't trust the person, the act of them going against you isn't a shock, and it isn't betrayal.

Betrayal comes from those closest to you, so Tina never thought it would happen to her.

Until it did.

Jr. high was already a rough time as hormones started to take over and friendships were torn apart in just a moment. Rumors flooded the school. Tina had been pretty lucky, her friends had stayed close, her enemies stayed far away, she was getting all A's, and she was the captain of the girl's basketball team.

Tina's life couldn't have been better. It was like everything was working. Well, almost everything. She and Ryan were still only just friends, but for once in her life, Tina was actually okay with that. Ryan wasn't actually showing interest in anyone, which is great for her as she didn't have the urges to show them up. Both Ryan and Tina were at points in their lives where a significant other just didn't fit in with their lives right now, so they were just friends.

Even Goldy and Unicorn were being good friends! Goldy had matured quite a bit since her Daycare days, and everyone was thankful for it; however, the girl wasn't quite mature enough for a serious relationship, which meant Unicorn was stuck waiting. This was good for the group, as no one had to third or fourth wheel whenever they all hung out.

If you asked Tina, she would have said she was the happiest she had ever been in her entire life. It wouldn't have been a lie.

And then the rumors started circling.

Ryan was the first person in the group to catch on to the rumors. Ryan had grown out of his "needing to be the center of the room" phase that he had gone through back in his Daycare days, and had developed a reputation amongst his friends as the one who could blend in with the wall. It was on one of those days where he was sitting in the corner of the classroom, waiting for the school bell to ring so school could start, that he heard the first of the rumors.

"Did you hear about Tina?" Ryan's attention turned away from his handheld console, and turned towards the source of the voice that spoke his friend's name.

"No, what's going on with her?" A second voice asked. Ryan spotted two girls walking into the classroom and sitting down, not even noticing him.

"She was apparently super crazy back when she was a kid."

"What do you mean? Weren't we all crazy? That's what being a kid is."

"Well, you know Ryan, right?"

"Ryan Damon?"

"Yeah, him."

"Yeah, I know him." Ryan tried not to laugh at the fact that these girls didn't even notice that they were talking about him while he was just two rows behind them.

"Yeah, well she had this huge crush on him back in the day, I guess, and she went to like psychopathic lengths to make sure no one else got close to him."

"Seriously?"

"I guess she even tortured people and threatened to kill him if they didn't stay away."

The color drained from Ryan's face. This wasn't good. Someone from Daycare was talking about their past as kids. Tina had since grown to be a highly functioning member of society, and had apologized to everyone who she had hurt during her Daycare days. Everyone had forgiven her, so who was spreading rumors about her? The people at the school wouldn't understand the context, nor would they know or even be able to begin to comprehend how their magical portal protected the kids from getting hurt or dying. This could ruin Tina, or worse, get her sent to the police if word got to the wrong person.