twenty four

•mila•

"i cannot believe you did this," i sigh as i sit in the emergency room with shawn. i stare at his face, which was bleeding from his nose and mouth and even had a deep cut on the right side of his forehead.

"you should see the other guy." he chuckles, obviously still drunk.

ever since the night liam showed up at our apartment, shawn has been drunk every day and every night. it's been two weeks.

tonight, i was laying in bed watching netflix when i got a call from shawn. he told me he was at the bar and needed a ride to the hospital. he gave me no explanation which caused me to panic. when i arrived and saw that it was just a stupid fight with another drunk idiot, i was a little annoyed with him.

"you are probably going to need stitches." i tell him.

"bad ass." he grins and i just shake my head. he notices my annoyance and huffs. "stop acting like that, mila. the guy was asking for me to kick his ass and you know i can't stop myself."

"well you should be able to stop yourself. it's annoying." i respond.

"you're annoying." he retorts and moves down one chair to get farther away from me. really?

"how am i annoying?" i ask him.

"how am i annoying?" he mocks me in a childish voice. this only made me more annoyed, and now i was even a little mad.

"really, shawn? grow up."

"fuck you." he says harshly. i try not to cry. i was extremely overtired, and i could cry very easily when i have a lack of sleep. shawn is very mean when he's drunk sometimes. he starts off being nice and goofy, but it just takes one small thing to be said or done to set him off and then there is no going back.

i stand up from the chair. i wasn't going to wait here with him all night just for him to be cruel to me. "i'm
going home. will you need money for an uber when you're done here?"

"i don't need your fucking money."

"okay." i respond as calmly as i can. it's best not to fight back with him. he's just drunk; he will be better in the morning. maybe. "let me know when you make it home."

"yeah whatever fuck you!" he shouts at me as i walk away. the very few people also waiting stared at me as i walked out. how embarrassing.

when i get in my car i see that it's almost 4 in the morning. i have class at 8 am, so i sigh to myself and begin driving. "fuck you" was replaying in my head in shawn's voice the whole drive home.

———

i wake up around noon to the sound of liam's voice from outside my bedroom. him and marissa were laughing loudly about something together. she really brought him here again after what happened the first time. i'm to the point where i really dislike her now, and i don't consider her my friend even in the slightest.

i check my phone, seeing a bunch of texts from shawn.

Shawn Mendes: Mila I'm so sorry

I was so mean to you

I feel so horrible :( I'm really sorry ugh

I was just in a bad mood that guy at the bar really pissed me off

Let me bring you lunch tomorrow and make it up to you