two

~mila~

"who's that shawn guy?" i ask in a quiet voice just after finishing my makeup. it was just tayshia and i in the bathroom and she was finishing hers up too.

"not sure, grayson said they've known him for a while but never hung out with him until now." she informs me.

"oh, that's cool."

her plump lips pull into a smirk, "you think he's cute don't you?!"

my cheeks heat up from the alcohol and embarrassment, "shh!"

"want me to tell grayson? he could totally hook you guys up." she says excitedly. "double dates!"

"keep your voice down," i giggle. "and find out if he's single first."

"got it." she says before turning to look in the mirror. she gasps, "look how fucking hot we look!"

i look in the mirror as well. "oooh..." i pucker my lips as i look into the mirror and flip my hair. "damn we're cute."

the two of us were already drunk, and we take some pictures in the bathroom before returning to our other friends.

"you guys look so good!" marissa shrieks when she sees us. there was nothing better than being complimented by drunk girls.

"i was right about you being the hottest cat out there." i say to her and we all laugh for no apparent reason. alcohol's effect.

"girls are so fucking weird." ethan chuckles, the two other boys agreeing.

i glance over at shawn, and he was even cuter now that i was intoxicated. i didn't think it was possible for him to become more attractive. he smiles at me from across the room, then looks away.

after taking pictures in the apartment (tayshia insisted she got a bunch of good ones with her and grayson), we all gather our alcohol into water bottles and exit the apartment.

"wait, wait, wait!" i shout to my friends as they start to walk down the stairs without me. "i need to lock the door so nobody robs us."

they all groan, waiting for me to finish struggling to lock the door behind us. when i finally get the door locked, they were tired of waiting and i run after them considering they were already halfway down the stairs.

"you guys can't leave me on my birthday." i say to them when i finally reach them at the bottom of the stairs.

"uber's here." shawn announces as a silver ford flex pulls up. his voice was attractive.

we all shuffle into the vehicle and greet our uber driver. i hope he was prepared, because i'm pretty drunk and whenever i'm in an uber while intoxicated i can get pretty chatty with the driver.

a little less than a minute has passed before i say, "so how long have you been ubering?"

the driver laughs. "long enough to know that's the only way college kids know how to start a conversation with an uber driver."

i giggle. "you're funny."

"you're drunk." he responds. "i hope you're of age because if not, i may need to report you."

my heart stops momentarily in my chest and my other friends go quiet. a few seconds pass before the driver bursts into laughter. "you should have seen your face."

i release a breath of relief and my friends laugh at my expense. "that was uncalled for, robert." i say jokingly.

he's still laughing at me. "my name's carl."