six

~mila~

a few days have passed since we all went out, and it was now monday morning. i was at the coffee shop on campus, staring at the menu tiredly. i came here multiple times a week, but still liked to change up my order a lot.

finally deciding, i go to step up in front of the counter but someone gets in front of me. i take a step back in annoyance; some people are just so rude.

then, i recognize who it is standing in front of me.

"i'll have a medium black coffee, and whatever she's having." he tells the cashier. the cashier punches in his order onto the screen, then looks over at me.

"and what for you miss?" she asks me.

i look at shawn. "you don't have to buy mine."

"just order." he responds.

i sigh in defeat, telling the woman my order and she gives shawn a total. we wait to the side for our drinks, neither of us saying a word. when his name was called, he grabs both drinks and hands one to me.

"thank you." i say awkwardly, remembering how rude he was the last time i saw him.

"look, i'm sorry for the way i acted before leaving your apartment. i was just really tired." he tells me.

i smile at him, appreciating his apology. if we're being honest, i am always quick to forgive and give second chances. i figured shawn was maybe just tired and not feeling well after all the alcohol he consumed, so i'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt.

"it's okay, don't worry about it. thanks for the coffee."

he smiles back at me. his smile was charming, and his lips were a perfect shade of pink. although i barely knew him, i felt like i was starting to get a crush.

"where are you headed?" he asks me as the two of us walk towards the exit.

"i have class in an hour, i was just gonna study until then." i tell him.

"need help?" he asks.

"that'd be nice." i say happily.

we walk to the hall that my class was in and find a table to study at outside of the classroom. we had an exam today and i had barely studied, so i tried to cram as much information into my brain as i could in less than an hour. shawn was somewhat helpful, but my crush on him sort of clouded my thoughts.

when class started in five minutes, i told shawn i better get in there.

"are you busy tonight?" he asks me as i'm gathering my notebooks and flash cards into my backpack.

"i have to work, actually." i frown.

"where do you work?"

"i'm a waitress at tgi friday's."

"that's cute." he says. "what about tomorrow?"

"tomorrow i only work until 6." i inform him.

"we could go get dinner after you get off maybe?" he suggests, making my heart feel all sorts of ways. was he asking me out on a date? maybe he was just trying to be friends since we have mutual friends. i couldn't tell, but either way i wanted to hang out with him.

"that sounds good." i smile, checking the time
on my phone again. "shoot, i have to go. get my number from ethan or something, see you tomorrow shawn!"

i hurry into class with a smile on my face.