twenty two

heyy guys if u like this story i would really appreciate it if u left some comments 🥺🥺 it makes me happy hehe

•mila•

it's the next morning and i couldn't stop thinking about what marissa said last night. "you know what it's like right? to like someone that you shouldn't?"

for some reason, those words stuck with me. i wondered if she was referring to shawn. i assumed the answer was yes considering how much they disliked each other now. i want to ask myself why i shouldn't like him, but i probably already know the answer. because he drinks too much, he's back and forth with his emotions, and i still wasn't sure if his feelings for me are genuine or if he just needs someone like me to be there for him.

i hope his feelings are genuine because mine sure are.

shawn was still fast asleep in my bed after i got out of the shower. he slept the whole time i got ready for class. when i was done, i walked over to my bed and leaned down to kiss his head.

"shawn," i whisper. "i gotta go to class."

he stirs in his sleep, slowly waking up and opening his eyes. he blinks a few times, looking around in confusion. "you're leaving?"

"i have class at noon." i respond. i wasn't in the best mood due to the events of last night, but i tried not to show it.

"you okay?" he asks me. looks like i wasn't so great at hiding it.

i shrug. "i don't want to go to class, but i kinda need to."

"i'll be here when you get back. well if that's okay with you." he smiles at me with his big, goofy smile that i was growing to love.

i smile back, "of course it is. i'll see you soon."

———

ethan greets me in class, handing me a coffee that he bought for me again. i smile thankfully at him. it made my day a little better.

"you will never believe this." i say to him as we take a seat towards the back of the class. our professor wasn't here yet, so i might as well gossip.

"girl... what is it?" he asks, making me laugh.

"marissa is dating liam." i say. "or just fucking him,
i don't really know."

he gasps loudly and over-dramatically, causing a few others in the room to look our way. "no way! are you going to beat her ass?"

i just laugh in response, knowing that wasn't a serious question. then i shrug and say, "it's whatever."

"no it's not. you're allowed to be upset. or angry. don't shrug it off like it's nothing. i know you, mila. i know you don't think 'it's whatever.'" his words make me feel better like they usually do. ethan was definitely my best guy friend, and he had a way of making me open my eyes every time i couldn't see something clearly.

i sigh. "i want to cry, but then i will feel like i'm not over him. that's not the case though because i am so over him. i just want to cry because my best friend didn't consider my feelings at all."

"you can cry," he assures me. "you can cry and i promise the only people who will ever know are you, me, and God."

i smile at him with tears behind my eyes, suddenly becoming emotional. "thank you."

i hold back my tears still, however, because the professor enters the room. although i still felt down, ethan definitely cheered me up a lot.

———

To- Shawn Mendes: you hungry??

Shawn Mendes: Omg yessss PLEASE bring me taco bell 🥺👉🏼👈🏼

To- Shawn Mendes: ok i got you i'm omw

after waiting in the taco bell drive-thru for longer than i wanted to, i head back to my apartment. i didn't see marissa's car anywhere when i arrived so i was glad she wasn't home. i didn't really want to face her yet after last night.

when i get inside, i head straight to my room. as i open the door, i was completely surprised by what i saw inside. shawn had lit a few candles around the room and he was laying in my bed waiting for me as soft music played in the background. the room smelled like vanilla and he even cleaned it up a bit.

"what is all this?!" i ask in surprise, a smile on my face.

"well i know you started off your day in a bad mood, so i thought i would make the rest of your day better." he tells me.

i walk over to my bed, setting the food down and kissing him. he kisses me back and it lasts a few moments before i pull away, still smiling. "you're so sweet!"

"i also wanted to ask you something..." he looks at me nervously. my heart skips a beat; i was not expecting this. "i know we haven't talked about our feelings for each other that much, but i feel like that's because we don't need to. i know how you feel about me without you having to say anything because of how you treat me. you're the most amazing person i've ever met. anyway, do you want to be my girlfriend?"

"duh." i tell him with a huge smile on my face.

i was overjoyed at this point. i didn't even care about marissa and liam anymore; being with shawn made me not care about anything else. the last thing i expected to happen today was to become shawn's girlfriend.

i was so beyond happy that it didn't even cross my mind that there might be consequences of dating an alcoholic.