four

~mila~

it was 3:37 am when the six of us stumbled into the apartment. despite how drunk i was, i tried desperately to hold my overly drunken friend up to get her to her room.

"marissa, please, we're almost there." i beg her to cooperate with me as we struggle down the hallway.

"why can't i just sleep on the floor?" she whines.

i sigh. "you'll be happy when you wake up in your own bed."

she hums in response, leaning her head on my shoulder. i drag her to her room and finally get her onto her bed. it would be too much of a hassle to change her clothes, so i just remove her shoes for her and leave her in her black skinny jeans and cropped sweater. she had lost her cat ears at one of the parties hours ago. her face makeup was smeared, and you could hardly tell that the smudges on her face were once supposed to be whiskers.

i cover her with the comforter on her bed and say goodnight, although she was already passed out. after shutting off her light i exit her room with a loud exhale.

"you're a good friend." i hear someone say. it was that voice that i found so lovely. shawn was standing in the hallway, leaning against the wall.

"i try." i say to him.

"you babysat your drunk friend when you were just as drunk." he comments. "most people wouldn't do that."

"i would like to think most people would." i offer a smile to him. my alcohol was beginning to wear off and now i just felt like shit. "are you staying here tonight?" i ask after noticing grayson and tayshia were already asleep in her room. i was sure ethan was either on the couch or looking through our refrigerator.

"um... i could get an uber to my house." he tells me.

"it's late, you don't have to do that. you can stay here. do you want some water?"

"i'm good." he responds before taking a drink from his water bottle. i hoped there was actual water in it and not more alcohol.

"okay, i can sleep in marissa's bed with her if you want to just take mine." i offer.

"don't you want to sleep in your own bed?" he asks me.

i really did want to sleep in my own bed. it was my favorite place with all my pillows and my thick comforter and soft mattress. however, shawn and i barely talked all night after the first party. it would be weird if we just slept in the same bed, i barely knew him. he didn't really hang out with us all night. in fact, we had no idea where he disappeared to and we ended up meeting back up with him at the end of the night.

"it's okay." i say to him. "i just hope marissa doesn't wake up and puke on me."

he shakes his head. "just sleep in your bed, i'll take the floor. unless you like cuddling?" he smiles at me and my heart skips a beat.

i haven't really flirted with a guy in so long; i've just been focused on school. tonight was my first night going out in a while, too. it was mostly because i loved halloween and it also happened to be my birthday, so my roommates insisted.

"cuddling does sound pretty nice right now," i say tiredly, yawning right after. "come on."

i walk to my room down the hall with him right behind me. i was starting to feel slightly nervous but thankful i still had alcohol in my system. there was also a migraine coming on.

"my head hurts so bad." i say to break the silence after we enter my room. i glanced at shawn's water bottle in his hand, wondering if it would be weird to ask him for a drink. i decide to just grab the half empty water bottle from my nightstand instead and chug the rest.

after grabbing a pair of comfy shorts and an extra large t-shirt, i leave shawn in my room so i could change in the bathroom. while i'm in there, i decide to remove my makeup and wash my face despite how tired i was. i brushed my teeth quickly as well as removed my contacts. finally, i was ready to go to sleep.

when entering my room i noticed shawn was already sleeping peacefully. i shut off my light but decide to leave my blue christmas lights plugged in, setting a relaxing mood in the room. i climb into bed slightly upset that shawn was already asleep. he did promise me some cuddling, right?

just as i roll over onto my side with my back faced to shawn, he rolls over as well and gets closer to me. he wraps his arm around me from behind and pulls me close.

"goodnight." he murmurs from behind me. i fall asleep shortly after that with a smile on my face.