Chapter Seventy-Eight

*Troye's POV* 

*Timeskip to June*

"I'm gonna miss you guys!" Zoe whimpered, her arms draped around my shoulders tightening their grip considerably. I wasn't even sure she could get any closer to me at this point but she managed to find a way, snuggling her face into my chest and continuing to sniffle pitifully. "You promise to invite me over to your new apartment?"

"Once we actually get it set up, yeah. All we have right now is a bed." I explained, a familiar bubbly grin finding my face at the mention of our apartment. We'd only signed the papers and made things official a little under a week ago so it all still felt so new. We had furniture bought and our own things, but we'd been so busy with all of the graduation preparations this week, we hadn't managed to transport any of it over. That was our plan for tomorrow though, on our first official day as high school graduates. 

"That's all you need though." Zoe chirped finally, her response taking a few seconds and allowing my thoughts to wander like that. I didn't backtrack as quickly as Tyler did, seeing as I was still sinking out of the other thoughts. But, judging by how wide Tyler's eyes went and the way he shoved her, she was definitely teasing us again.

"Zoe!" He chastised, a smile finding my face as it finally clicked what she was getting at. It wasn't nearly as dirty a pun as Tyler and I made with each other, it was just different when other people talked about our sex life, even subtly.

"I really thought after finally banging you guys would be less fun to tease, but you still get so flustered." She sighed out, kicking at the rocks by her feet. Tyler gave a loud indignified huff, stepping further back to cuddle into my side in a show of defeated embarrassment. I, however, wasn't going to just accept her teasing.

"How do you know we've done anything further than kissing?" I challenged, narrowing my eyes at her. She gave me an incredulous face before clutching her chest and bursting out laughing, doubling over and continuing until I worried her legs would give out and she'd fall to the ground. I pouted, grumbling under my breath. "It's not that obvious."

"It's kinda that obvious." She spluttered out, making my cheeks darken nearly as bad as Tyler's. I didn't realize people could tell, aside from my overbearing family. It shouldn't be embarrassing, we've been dating for nearly six months now officially, but it still is. I suppose I could tease her back and pretend to know what's going on between her and Alfie, even if I don't, but that just seemed like so much work.

"Whatever." I snapped dismissively, throwing an arm around Tyler's shoulders. Despite the awkward atmosphere he seemed more than happy to snuggle into the embrace, even standing on his tippy-toes for a second to peck a kiss to my cheek. He missed a bit, ending up pressing his lips to the corner of my jaw, but I didn't complain.

Zoe rolled her eyes at our show of affection, muttering something under her breath that sounded suspiciously like the words 'married couple'. I was tempted to call her out on it, mostly to have an excuse to brag about the whole 'engaged to be engaged' thing again. I realized it wasn't the same as actually being engaged and probably wasn't brag-worthy, but I also knew how much it annoyed her and how flustered Tyler got each time I brought it up. However, before I got the chance to act on the temptations, an unfamiliar voice was calling out from the crowd of people loud enough to turn everyone's heads.

"Zoe! Come over here and take a picture with your brother!" I blinked, looking to Zoe with confusion written across my features. She'd never mentioned a little brother before. Then again, she didn't really talk about her family much at all.

"You have a brother?" Tyler asked, tilting his head to the side and staring at her nearly as curiously as I felt. She shrugged her shoulders, not looking very impressed as she glared in the direction of the voice. Her mother still wasn't distinguishable through the walls of people, but she seemed to have a general idea of where she might be.