Chapter Seventy

*Troye's POV*

I woke up hours before Tyler the next morning, stirred by the sound of the door shutting at around 6am. I was worried before remembering his mother was working backshift, then I was just overtired and grumpy. I couldn't get back to sleep now though, of course not, because my lovely boyfriend had stolen every blanket on the bed and cocooned himself in. And as much as I wanted to be mad at him, I couldn't. Not when he was all cuddled up like that, practically smiling in his sleep. Even when I tried to roll away from the cuddling embrace we had going on, his hands needily reached out for me and he whined quietly in his sleep.

So instead I laid there freezing my ass off for the entire morning, using the time to think rather than just sit there grumpy over the situation. I started out thinking about my upcoming trip with the family, then about what Tyler and I would do today, then just Tyler in general. That wasn't surprising though, that's where my thoughts always ended up. The surprising thing was that I never got bored, finding infinite interesting things to think about him.

I wanted to do something special today, like a date but without actually having to ask him because that'd make it too formal. Figuring out what to do and where to go was what took the longest, debating everything from a second skating trip to going to a movie. But who wants to do those things as soon as they wake up in the morning? We needed something more leisurely. What's something lazy Tyler loves to do? It took me less than a second to come to a conclusion after wording it that way, my lips turning up into an eager smile before I could stop them.

After deciding what I wanted to do there was absolutely no waiting around patiently anymore, squirming eagerly in the bed next to Tyler. I huffed loudly in frustration after trying and failing to find a comfortable position yet again, deciding my best option at this point would be to just wake up Tyler. Even if it was just to get him to hand me a corner of the blanket, it'd be better than being cold and bored.

I wedged myself closer to him, settling my hand on the square of his chest actually left exposed and not covered by his abundance of blankets. I ran it over his chest in a comforting gesture, trying to ease him into consciousness rather than rush it. I craned my neck to place a light kiss to his cheek, watching the way he scrunched his nose up in his sleep. A toothy smile broke out across my face now, unable to fight it the longer I looked at him.

He looked so peaceful and adorable while asleep, looking somehow older without his glasses on. I debated it for only a second before rolling over to straddle his waist, immediately picking up where I'd left off and peppering his face in feather-light kisses.

"Mmm." He groaned, shifting underneath me. I couldn't figure out whether he was trying to push me off or pull me closer, and judging by the amount of time it was taking him to get his arms out of the blanket cocoon, I might not find out any time soon. Instead I just continued kissing down his jaw, being gentle when I reached his neck and noticed all the hickeys littering his pale skin.

I smiled excitedly when he finally got his hands out, the expression dimming when he reached over his head rather than for me. I figured it was his glasses he was going for, rolling my eyes when he instead grabbed the pillow I'd used and shoved it over his face with a grumpy-sounding grunt.

"Wake up!" I whined insistently, bringing my hands down to pound playfully at his chest. Realizing he still had no intention of joining the world of the living, I started to tear his blankets away from him. Despite his grumbles of protest, he didn't actually try to stop me, letting me strip them completely off of him with only a bit of struggle. I tossed them onto my abandoned side of the bed then, settled back down on his waist and arching my eyebrows when I felt his morning hardness pressing against me.