Chapter Sixty-Two

*Troye's pov*

I wasn't sure how long I'd been awake honestly, the killer headache blurring my thoughts so much that I wasn't capable of thinking anything coherent, much less keeping track of time. I tried to lift my face out of the pillows once, struggling with the fact it felt like it weighed thirty pounds but giving up completely when I tried to crack open my eyes and the blinding morning sunlight shone right into them. I couldn't remember ever feeling this horrible in my life, wondering if I should call for someone and let them know. Obviously something wasn't right if I felt this miserable.

However, I wasn't entirely sure I could even open my mouth, much less piece together a sentence that made any sense. So instead I stayed laying flattened into the bed on my stomach, trying to think about nothing in particular considering it only made me feel worse to concentrate.

I may have fell back asleep, or at least zoned out enough to keep my head from hurting, only to be brought back into the excrutiating pain when a knock on my door suddenly resounded throughout the room. I waited impatiently for it to end, hoping desperately it'd be soon. Sadly, they seemed to be unrelenting, only increasing their pace as the seconds ticked by, the patterned noises spinning me out into another throbbing headache, possibly worse than the one I had right after I woke up.

"Leave me alone! I don't feel good!" I shouted, rolling onto my side and bringing my knees up against my chest. I hugged them to my body tightly, hesitating for a second when I realized I was naked. I don't remember that.

"Hangovers do that to you, huh?" She laughed, surprisingly sounding more sympathetic than teasing. I furrowed my eyebrows, thinking about what she'd said. Hangover? Did I get drunk? Why? Ugh, I just woke up, I don't want to think about all this. "Can I come in? I bring Tylenol and food."

"Oh God, leave the food out there!" I shouted back immediately, stomach churning just from imagining the smell. It didn't matter what the food was, the idea of practically anything had my head reeling in the worst way.

"Okay, can I come in without the food?" She asked gently, keeping her voice quiet and surprising me again with how considerate she was being. Did someone pay her to do this? Either way, she was waiting on an answer and I couldn't very well say no to pain medication or let her in when I was naked, so I had to get up and do something.

"Gimmie a sec." I replied, flinching when I opened my eyes again, despite not even being in a position where I was facing the window. I rolled out of bed, covering my eyes and stumbling blindly in the general direction of the window. I used my thumb to rub a pattern into my temple, a useless effort to lessen the way it was pulsing right now. I wasn't entirely sure of how close to the window I actually was until I stubbed my toe against the desk in front of it, crying out like someone had chopped it off or something. I heard something that sounded suspiciously close to a giggle on the other side of the door, smiling softly as I realized that was much more like Sage.

After that I reached out blindly, eventually managing to located the curtains and yank them together. Only then did I removed my hand, still slightly irritated by the low amount of light but not enough for it to be significant. I went to my dresser first, finding random clothes and tossing them on before heading back toward my bed. I was about to fall on it and call Sage in when I noticed the stain on my bedsheets, eyes going wide as I hurried to cover it up. I made my bed despite how much of a struggle it was with my entire body protesting so much movement, only sitting back down on the spot once it was covered by two blankets. At least this way I know she won't notice it, I'll worry about getting them washed after I have some medicine in my system.

"Okay!" I called, snuggling further into the bulky sweater I'd pulled out at random. I felt disgusting both inside and out, my hair greasy and my body covered in a layer of dried sweat. I still hadn't put enough focus on remembering last night to get out any details from the corners of my brain, figuring it'd be easier to wait for Sage to tell me in a minute anyway.