Chapter Seventy-Five

*Troye's POV*

(smut warning but it's like later on way later at the end of the chapter okay ill tell ya then man mans)

"Morning." I purred the moment I saw Tyler's eyes flutter, not even attempting to keep my excitement at bay. I hadn't actually been waiting for him to wake up for that long, maybe fifteen minutes at most, but it was still excruciatingly boring. I couldn't even sit up to look around with him sprawled out across me like this.

He didn't seem nearly as cheerful as me about slipping back into the conscious world, his eyes squeezing even further shut as his hands curled into tighter fists between our chests. He let out a disgruntled grumble, shifting and burying his face further into the material of my shirt. I bit my lip, debating the options for my next move. How could I get him to perk up a bit? Oh, right, duh. "Would you be happier if I offerred to stop somewhere for breakfast?"

"Yes." He replied immediately, a smile finding my lips at hearing his voice for the first time today. It was strange how I could come to miss it after only a few hours, despite the fact I had it completely memorized. It just wasn't the same as actually hearing him speaking.

"Then get off me." I laughed, gently pushing his shoulders. He forced his eyes open finally, a swelling sensation in my chest when our eyes locked. He didn't seem quite as sentimental as me this morning, just pulling an unimpressed face before lifting himself up and over me. I slipped my legs off his seat, watching as he immediately fell back onto it. 

After he got settled and turned to look at me expectantly I decided I'd better sit up as well, sighing softly before pushing up to sit in my seat. I glanced in the mirror, taking a few seconds to fix my hair and looking back to him afterward. "What do you want to eat?"

"Breakfast bagels!" He beamed excitedly, his mood a complete contrast to what it was just a few seconds ago. How long had I spent fixing my hair for his mood to totally turn around like that? Or maybe he'd just enjoyed watching me, who knows.

"Let's wash up when we stop too, maybe change clothes." I laughed, seriously feeling the after-effects of wearing clothes during sex last night. He nodded his head, blushing slightly before turning to look out his window. Thankfully, we were still the only ones in the park. It would have been quite awkward to find someone else here when we'd been asleep in the car just minutes ago.

***

"How long now?" He asked, the question not surprising me at all. After all, it had only been a few minutes since he'd last asked me, using the exact same wording. It might have been considered irritating, had he not sounded so damn cute asking. I could tell without even looking away from the road just how nervous he actually was, something that surprised me given how confident and naturally lovable he was. Did he really expect any of my relatives to have a problem with him? Well, any of my reasonable relatives.

"Five minutes." I answered, smiling softly at his answering shaky breath. You could actually feel how uncomfortable he was in the air. "Are you nervous?"

"Little bit, yeah." He chuckled, the sarcasm in his voice making it quite clear it was a lot more than a 'little bit'.

"Why?" I quizzed, unsure of how he could be so worried. Had he ever met a person in his life that didn't instantly adore him? I really doubted it.

"I'm meeting people that are important to you and I haven't showered in over twenty-four hours." I grinned to myself, resisting the urge to giggle as my eyes flickered over to read the sign just as we passed it. He was right, despite changing clothes and freshening up the best we could in the restroom at a truck stop, he really hadn't showered. Neither of us looked to be in good condition, but it didn't really matter. It was just family, we don't have to try and impress them anyway.