Chapter Fourty-Five

*Troye's POV* (here's the deal, Tyler doesn't come out this chapter either but imma post like a mini chapter within the next 24 hours, possibly within the next 6 before I go to bed. I know I promised but remember this is only making the story longer so shh, stay clam)

I knew the second my mother suggested taking pictures by the car what kind of position to expect. I'd been to many impromptu photoshoots held by my mother throughout my life, and there were just a few things you came to expect from them. She always chose very cheesy poses, often ones that would look cute if it were children posing, while teenagers just made it look awkward. From photos of all my siblings and I lined up holding hands, to all of us trying to shove ours faces together to fit in a picture frame, some of her ideas just sounded a lot better before we were forced into acting them out. Obviously this wasn't the case every single situation, but this definitely wouldn't be the first time for it to happen. One could argue that I was jumping to conclusions, that she may just ask us to stand beside the car and take a proper photo. I might listen to them, if it wasn't for the fact I knew she was already out to embarrass me around Tyler as it was. I could just imagine all the stuff she could make me do while my hands were cuffed and Tyler was here going along with everything she said.

"Alright, Troye, are those handcuffs easy to take off? Can you re-do them with your hands behind your back instead?"

"Yeah, yeah." I grumbled quietly, knowing better than to argue with her. Partially because she wouldn't listen to a word I said, but also because it was kind of nice seeing that huge excited smile on her face for a change. She adored photography, but most times she tried to take photos it ended up a fight between her and the siblings, it felt weird just going along with her requests. 

I turned to Tyler, batting my eyelashes slightly as I silently asked for his help. I don't know why, but it gave me a strange sense of pride knowing we were close enough that he could tell exactly what I was getting at before I even spoke a word, rolling his eyes and nodding in agreement. I hurried to retrieve the key then, reaching into my pocket awkwardly with my locked-together hands. After that Tyler was quick to grab it out of my hand, biting his lip as he started fiddling with the lock. He seemed very concentrated in the activity, even looking sightly frustrated when the seconds started to add up that he'd been trying to get them undone. I couldn't seem to tear my eyes away from him as he struggled with the stupid restraints, that stupid familiar lovesick smile threatening to break out across my face at any second. I wasn't going to let it, I refused. It was one thing that Tyler could look up and catch me at any second, but the fact my mother was standing a few feet away with the option of catching it on camera, was just not something I was willing to risk. Besides, it's not like he's even being that cute-

"Fuck off!" He hissed under his breath suddenly, his eyebrows furrowing so far they nearly knit together, his forehead creasing adorably as a side effect. He was getting so frustrated by just a bit of minimal struggling, practically jabbing the key around now in his haste to finish the task. And oh god, he was just so cute, completely fixated on it like that. I wasn't even surprised when my resolve cracked and that smile found it's way to my lips, though that didn't make me any happier about it. I just knew Mom was taking a hundred photos of the moment, likely to frame and use as incriminating evidence if I ever tried to deny my feelings for Tyler in the future. It'd work too, because there was absolutely no arguing what it looked like when I smiled at him like this.

I watched his face light up as a click filled the air, followed by the feeling of my wrists being released as he slid the handcuffs off with ease. He grinned cheerily then, making it clear he was pleased with himself and had totally forgotten about the past minute spent struggling angrily. I debated teasing him or making fun of his incapabilities, but decided against it as I remembered my mother was watching us. Instead I turned around, standing impossibly frigid as Tyler grabbed my wrists and positioned how he wanted them at the small of my back, his breath just barely ghosting over the back of my neck due to his height. I was actually slightly relieved when he pulled away. Not because I didn't crave him close, but because of how overwhelming it was. Between the butterflies in my stomach, the lump in my throat, and the anxious feeling as I waited for a thought of his that might not even come, it was definitely more than I could handle.