Chapter Seventy-Six

*Tyler's POV*

*Timeskip a few days, it's the last day of the trip*

"I'm exhausted." I groaned, dragging my feet behind me as we continued down the trail. While everyone else was leaving perfect footprints in the mud, I was leaving giant slug patterns and ruining my shoes, not even energetic enough to lift my legs.

"Stop whining!" Edna snapped, lifting her walking cane to jab it at my kneecap. I whimpered, jumping closer to the exhausted-looking Troye and curling into his side.

"Ouch." I whined, hugging his arm tightly to my chest. He looked up from the ground in front of us for the first time in at least half an hour, giving me a disinterested once-over. "Your grandmother's abusing me."

"You poor thing." He said sarcastically, rolling his eyes and shoving his hands in his pockets. This made it even harder for me to continue hanging on to his arm, but I didn't complain vocally, aside from a dramatic sigh. I stayed silent for a few more steps, before we walked out of the forest into the clearing and I saw just how much longer we had left to walk. I whined aloud, jumping around to his other side when I noticed her start to lift the walking cane again. I liked her, but she wasn't one to put up with any of my more lazy traits. Troye, however, he was wrapped around my finger.

"You should carry me." I suggested, resting my head on his shoulder. He ignored me at first, taking a few more steps until I was forced to take more serious action. I clung tightly to his arm, dragging my feet completely and forcing him to hold up my weight. He sighed loudly, stopping his walk to glare down at me.

"No I shouldn't. I'm tired too, you know." I pouted, feeling slightly guilty for being so inconsiderate. I couldn't help it though, I really didn't know if I could walk another step. I was still worn out from the game and last night, my legs aching with each step I took. Besides, he was the one that suggested we should even go on this stupid hike. If it was up to me we'd still be at home in bed. My eyes lit up with a new idea at that train of thought, standing up again to lean in and whisper in his ear.

"I'll make it up to you later if you carry me now." He tensed, eyes wide as I lingered a few seconds later and let my breath wash over his sensitive skin. I pulled away after a few seconds, giggling at his dazed expression. He blinked, coming back to reality quickly to shove me.

"Tyler!" He hissed, eyes flickering ahead to where everyone else was still walking. They didn't seem to care at all that we'd fallen behind. He sighed, looking back to me with unimpressed features. "I hate you." He said quietly, kneeling downward and patting his back. I grinned, clambering onto him and wrapping my legs tightly around his waist. I settled my chin on his shoulder, hugging him tightly as he got back to his feet.

"You love me." I whispered, kissing his neck as he started to jog to catch up with the others. I noticed the subtle reactions everyone gave, clearly aware of how I'd been trying to get this outcome all along. Laurelle gave a knowing smile, Brent gave us a quick glare, and Troye's grandmother just shook her head, clicking her tongue.

"You spoil him." She laughed, though the light in her eyes made it very clear she wasn't actually upset with him for giving in. You could tell she was happy for us, even if she had backwards ways of showing it sometimes.

Troye sighed, shrugging his shoulders slightly against me.

"I owe a lot to him, I figure it's only fair." I blushed, watching her look up to me. She didn't vocally reply, but you could almost see the thankfulness in her eyes. It was still a bit weird to me not being the only one that knew about Troye's mindreading, but I'd get used to it eventually. I was just glad he'd found someone to talk to, even if she couldn't give him all the answers.