Chapter Fifty-Eight

*Tyler's POV*

When I told Troye not to tempt me before we left for school I was being completely serious. It took everything in me to turn away from him and head for the car, my hands balled into fists where they were buried deep in my pockets. The tension had been nearly unbearable for weeks now, my mind coming up with constant scenarios on what would happen if I kissed him right now, my body constantly acting on it's own and touching him before I even thought it through. It was never anything too forward, just little things like reaching for his hand or swatting at his ass playfully. It's not that he seemed to mind, and I didn't either, but it was the fact I was acting before I thought it through that worried me. It was only a matter of time before I did something that went past the line. 

At the same time, the line was beginning to get harder and harder to distinguish, blurring more and more with each touch we shared. None of what we did really fit under the platonic friend category anymore, but yet we acted like it did. I was beginning to wonder if the line even existed at all actually. Half of me was terrified of taking it too far and having things get awkward, half of me worried there was no line at all and I could do anything I wanted without managing to change our relationship. It was a constant waiting game, full of unsurities and hesitation, and I hated every second... Nearly as much as I loved them.

Even right now, driving to school in the dead of silence, I was completely high off of his company. We hadn't even said anything to each other since getting in the car, yet just being near him was enough to put a stupid smile on my face and a bubbly warmth in my chest. Any other day I'd probably be grumpy, looking at the dreary cloudy sky overhead and the slush of half-melted snow all over the road, but not after spending my morning with Troye.

And what a morning it had been! Troye in nothing but a towel, Troye in an adorable ugly Christmas sweater, Troye panting and spiteful in the snow, Troye shirtless and guiding my hands over the smooth planes of his chest, Troye nervous and blushy in his front yard after whatever slip-up it was he'd made. He refused to elaborate on what he'd actually been getting at, but I wasn't about to dwell on it. He was probably just going to say something then thought better of it.

I pulled into the parking lot with a soft sigh, knowing we'd have to separate immediately given how late we were already running. There'd be no few minutes of the morning to just hang-out with each other before classes started, we had to go now. I parked the car, immediately reaching for my backpack in the middle seat. I giggled as my hand collided with Troye's, closely resembling those awkward moments in movies where love interests both reach for the same thing at the same time. However, he was reaching for his bag, not mine.

After locking eyes with each other and exchanging smiles we actually looked where we were reaching, sorting the predicament out and grabbing our corresponding belongings. I pulled mine onto my lap, looking out my window and curling my upper lip up in distaste at all the slush and puddles in the parking lot. Today was far from hot, but it was definitely not as cold as yesterday, leading some of the snow to melting.

"So, we should probably get to our classes before they end." I laughed, glimpsing at the clock and realizing second period was nearing half over. He nodded, his features proving he was about as enthusiastic as I was. I reached over and sat a hand on his thigh, squeezing lightly. "I guess I'll see you at lunch then?"

"Same place as always." He laughed, gracing me with his voice for the first time since leaving his house. I grinned, nodding eagerly and already looking forward to the moment we were reunited, despite not leaving his side yet. We both got out of our doors, me quickly jogging around to grab his hand and lead the both of us inside. I noticed some people were outside, likely skipping or on free periods, but they didn't dwell on our embrace. They glimpsed over and gave us a once-over, apparently deeming us uninteresting as they turned back to their conversation.